Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't Connect From Home (Read 12745 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #25
Today it happened to me too. I get timeout when trying to connect to HA. Ping results in timeout too, so according to indybrett it's my ISP or similar. In case it's something HA related: My IPs (dynamic) are in 80.133.*.* range - I haven't tried anything 1337, but since my provider is one of the biggest German DSL providers, someone else might have. 
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #26
Invision Power Board Database Error

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in mySQL.php on line 67

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in mySQL.php on line 70
ERROR: Cannot find database hydrogen_ipb
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in mySQL.php on line 103

There appears to be an error with the Hydrogenaudio Forums database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here, if this does not fix the error, you can contact the board administrator by clicking here

Error Returned
mySQL query error: DELETE FROM ibf_sessions WHERE running_time < 1080756856 or ip_address='63.###.##.###'

mySQL error: Too many connections
mySQL error code:
Date: Wednesday 31st of March 2004 11:14:16 AM

We apologise for any inconvenience

The time of 11:14:16 AM was Pacific Time.

Is this what some of the above posts are also talking about?

I've received similiar messages as what is quoted above on more than a few occassions. The error however, is not repeatable if I disconnect my dial-up connection, and then re-connect to the Internet.

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #27

In my case it is not. This message is displayed because server is overloaded.

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #28

No. Completely different problem.
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #29
I also can't connect to ha since I changed to German provider MSN, which uses 83.x.x.x IPs. Got this from them:

Vereinzelt treten noch Probleme mit Webseiten auf, die den 83er Adressbereich blockieren, da eine IP-Adress-Ankündigung der RIPE - in welcher der IP-Adresshorizont des neuen Backbone angegeben war - von einigen Sitebetreibern nicht beachtet wurde. Dies sollte aber innerhalb kürzester Zeit von Seiten der betroffenen Betreiber behoben werden.

Leider ist diese Behebung nur von seiten der jeweiligen Betreiber moeglich, wir selber haben keinen Einfluss darauf.

Der Betrieber der genannten Seite, respektive der Admin des Routings zu diesen Servern verweigern den Zugriff. Nicht wir, sondern der Betreiber ist somit in der Pflicht. Angemahnt haben wir es bereits 5 mal.

I now loggied in via university account and lynx, so please forgive me if this post looks strange stylewise.
According to MSN the problem is the site owner, so either Dibrom or his hoster, which seems to have blacklisted 83.x.x.x IP range. I would highly appreciate if this could be resolved.
In another FOrum I asked other Germans to tell me whether they can reach ha. Here is the link: http://www.dvdboard.de/forum/showthread.ph...8386#post548386

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #30
Exactly the same issue (still) here! My provider (Tiscali) also seems to use 83.x.x.x IPs. I can only access HA via a proxy since some weeks now.

Regards,
The Link

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #31
I've quadtriple checked, and we don't block 83.anything in either forum or server -level. So it must be that either Tiscali blocks us or our host blocks Tiscali.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #32
So, if you are sure that HA doesn't block 83.x it would be a good idea to ask your hoster what they are doing, I guess.

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #33
I've quadtriple checked, and we don't block 83.anything in either forum or server -level. So it must be that either Tiscali blocks us or our host blocks Tiscali.

PLEASE, could some of you admins contact HA's internet provider and do something with 83. problem? I'm getting this IP range from few days on my home connection (DSL) so I can't view HA at all. I can only visit HA on  Dial-Up at work, which is quite expensive here (Poland).
When I get this IP range only HA is blocked, other sites I visit work are viewed without problem. Please....

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #34
Maybe consider investigating the use of a proxy with your web browser, it's fairly straight forward thing todo.
daefeatures.co.uk

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #35
Well, I won't search for a proxy just for connecting ha. If they (and it is ha's hoster doing it wrong) can't fix it, I simply won't visit it anymore.

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #36
After few days I finally connected yesterday via my DSL connection. Just set my browser (MyIE2) to use proxy server.

To polish users of this forum: set proxy in config of your browser at:
w3cache.tpnet.pl:8080

So I have one question: is there any disadventage in connecting via proxy?