Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't Connect From Home (Read 12728 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't Connect From Home

I can't seem to connect from my home network to HA. It is the only site I can't connect to, so I was thinking that maybe my IP was blocked for some reason.

If anyone wants to know the IP address PM me.

THanks,

Brett
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #1
I also have a problem with access to the hydrogenaudio.org site and to foobar2000 site too. All other sites works without problem. I connect via adsl modem, sygate firewall enabled, but it's not a problem- when I disable firewall, then the same problem exists. It's more strange, that sometimes I can connect and sometimes not so I really don't know what's going on. In my work I use Dial up connection and never have problems with viewing site...

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #2
I also have a problem with access to the hydrogenaudio.org site and to foobar2000 site too. All other sites works without problem. I connect via adsl modem, sygate firewall enabled, but it's not a problem- when I disable firewall, then the same problem exists. It's more strange, that sometimes I can connect and sometimes not so I really don't know what's going on. In my work I use Dial up connection and never have problems with viewing site...

I have the same problem on my home adsl connection with the bbc news website news.bbc.co.uk, but no other sites (including the rest of the bbc)

The ip just doesn't route - no idea why. I've put it down to a peering problem, but it is on-and-off all the time. Maybe you have the same problem here.

Can you see different parts of the site? Invision usually gives you a message if your ip is banned.

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #3
Nope. Can't even open a connection to port 80.

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #4
Nope. Can't even open a connection to port 80.

Does the dns resolve? Have you tried http://64.246.62.80 ?

Try a tracert too - it'll show you where the routing is 'falling off'.

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #5
DNS resolves. Can't connect to IP either. Seems the last hop I get to is:

207.218.245.42 (ev1.net)

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #6
DNS resolves. Can't connect to IP either. Seems the last hop I get to is:

207.218.245.42 (ev1.net)

Sounds like a peering issue. I'd talk to your ISP. I did the same, it didn't get me very far, but I did feel better

It's annoying because it's unpredictable. My homepage is the bbc news website. Sometimes I pop up IE, up comes the bbc, I click a link and it doesn't bloody work again!!!

GRRRRRR

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #7
Don't think it's my ISP.

HA is 64.246.62.80.

I can ping 64.246.62.1, which I would imagine is the router, or at the very least, it's a machine on that network.

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #8
Again, don't do anything else except normal http connection to HA. HA firewall is very agressive. At least Indybrett's IP was banned automatically by the firewall..
Juha Laaksonheimo

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #9
I've learned my lesson

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #10
I've learned my lesson

What did you do?
gentoo ~amd64 + layman | ncmpcpp/mpd | wavpack + vorbis + lame

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #11
He tried to be a 1337 hax0r and failed

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #12
I've learned my lesson

What did you do?

Ran a traceroute to HA with a program called VisualTrace. I'm not sure, but that program probably uses ICMP packets, and I don't think the firewall liked that. It's kinda touchy

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #13

I have the same problem on my home adsl connection with the bbc news website news.bbc.co.uk, but no other sites (including the rest of the bbc)

The ip just doesn't route - no idea why. I've put it down to a peering problem, but it is on-and-off all the time. Maybe you have the same problem here.

Can you see different parts of the site? Invision usually gives you a message if your ip is banned.

Finally I connected again. It took few hours of trying to do that. I didn't see anything. I got just a standard message that IE couldn't find this site.

@Admins
Is my IP on the ban list? Why have I problems with connecting?

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #14

Finally I connected again. It took few hours of trying to do that. I didn't see anything. I got just a standard message that IE couldn't find this site.

@Admins
Is my IP on the ban list? Why have I problems with connecting?

You can connect now, can't you?
Juha Laaksonheimo

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #15
Yeah, I can connect now. But sometimes site is not accesible for me whole day and after many tries finally I connect. And I have problem only browsing ha.org and foobar site. But when I try dial up then everything goes fine.

Maybe this is an issue:
TP SA, polish telecomunication company, from which I use ADSL connection uses IP adressess 83.xxx.xxx.xxx. From comments on polish hardware sites, these IP numbers are often blocked by admins on their firewalls, because they were used by hackers. I don't have static IP number, it's assigned dynamically, so sometimes I can get this IP number. Maybe this is a problem. Don't know...

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #16
Same problem here. since my isp got a new backbone i am not able to connect to HA.org any more. my isp got a new ip-range like 83.x.x.x, too.
it would be very nice if someone can solve this problem. or is there something i can do on my side?

regards,
Rainer

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #17
or is there something i can do on my side?

I don't think so. It's blocked by site admins on their firewalls or by internet providers, also on their firewall.
You can do two things:
1.ask admins to not block these IPs
2.try to connect and disconnect several times. Then is a chance that your IP will be not from  83.xxx.xxx.xxx range.
The problem with my internet provider (TP SA) is, that even if I don't get this IP I can get it later, because IPs are also changed periodically during connection.
Hell on earth...

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #18
Same problem here. since my isp got a new backbone i am not able to connect to HA.org any more. my isp got a new ip-range like 83.x.x.x, too.
it would be very nice if someone can solve this problem. or is there something i can do on my side?

regards,
Rainer

Can you access http://www.foobar2000.org ?
I don't see any 83.x.x.x being banned in any way.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #19
Can you access http://www.foobar2000.org ?
I don't see any 83.x.x.x being banned in any way.

I don't know how foster, but if I can't access hydrogenaudio.org I can't also access foobar2000 site (it's hosted on ha.org server).
Maybe internet provider of ha.org portal is blocking access by these IPs...

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #20
The problem applies to me, too. My browser firefox [Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040122 Firefox/0.8.0+ (MNG,DOMi,Venkman)] cannot connect to HA. I am on an austrian DSL (inode.at is my ISP). It didn't happen before, only for some weeks. One day I can connect to HA, one day I cannot!

I always thought that HA was down for mantainance or something like that. But I was too hesitant to ask...

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #21
sorry for my late answer.
i have the same problem with foobar2000.org

maybe i got banned somewhere else on the route to HA.org's site...

...the tracert aborts at this point: ivhou-207-218-245-42.ev1.net [207.218.245.42]

hope, this will help you

regards,
Rainer

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #22
I always thought that HA was down for mantainance or something like that.

That's what I was thinking for some months, therefore I never thought it was a problem and was just the typical maintenance issue.

Every now and then I also cannot connect to HA.org, and my IP is dial-up in the 63.x range.

---

Something else that comes to mind, could someone be using a DoS attack against HA.org?

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #23
can somebody from the admin-team please check if my ip got blocked. the reason i ask for, is that i got an email from my isp, that they have solved the problem with the new ip range.

regards,
Rainer

Can't Connect From Home

Reply #24
See if you can ping 64.246.62.1. If you can not ping that address, then you have a different problem. If you can, then maybe you are blocked.