Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Bug report] ID3v2 problem (Read 1370 times) previous topic - next topic

[Bug report] ID3v2 problem

Hi, I disabled APEv2 tagging for MP3 files (I dont like it) and use ID3v2 and v1 for portable mp3 player. The problem I had was that, when reading tags from foobar2000 it worked perfectly, displaying date, genre, title, anything but when tried reading these from other files, it started bugging, under Tag&Rename when seeing ID3v2 tags, I have the following:
Filename:
Nirvana - Nevermind - 01 - Smeels Like Teen Spirit.mp3
Artist: irvana
Album: evermind
Title: mells Like Teen Spirit
Year: 991
Genre: 6)(13)(17)

On tracks that are more than 9 (10+) it only displays the last digit, so in other programs like WinAMP, T&R, etc. it bugs.

I fixed the problem by checking "Write ISO-8859-1 tags instead of UTF-16", this actually works, and since I dont need UTF-16 special chars (é works in ISO-8859-1 so I'm O.k.).
I am using IE3v2 tag support 1.10 (will see with 1.11 if it does the same).

Here's a screenshot:

Mat