Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Diskwriter strings and %_path% (Read 2187 times) previous topic - next topic

Diskwriter strings and %_path%

I just spent 45 minutes searching for the answer to this.. Sorry if this is a repeat.

I have a structure that contains entries like this:

L:\Audio\Genre\VA - Albumtitle\Disc 1\filename.flac
..and
L:\Audio\Genre\Artist\Album\Disc 1\filename.flac
..and
L:\Audio\Genre\artist\Album\filename.flac

I'm trying to come up with a diskwriter string that will preserve that path, except that I would like to replace \Audio\ with, say, \Ogg\

So, to take a real example:
Code: [Select]
L:\Audio\Chill\VA - Global Psychedelic Chill Out Vol 4\Disc 2\10 - Safran - Sol e Praia.flac

..should end up as:
Code: [Select]
L:\Ogg\Chill\VA - Global Psychedelic Chill Out Vol 4\Disc 2\10 - Safran - Sol e Praia.ogg

Is this possible?  When I use the %_path% variable, it replaces all backslashes with underscores.  Additionally, the fact that not every path is the same depth is giving me trouble.

Thanks for any assistance/guidance you can provide.

Reply #1
Does L:\ogg\%genre%\%artist%\%album%\%title% work ok for albums without VA or multiple disks?  I don't have foobar handy, but it should.

If so, then go from there using $if(a,b,c) to check for 2 disk or VA albums and treat them as you need.

Reply #2
Yeah, that's what I'll do. Thanks.
I'm used to this feature from dbPowerAmp, which lets you 'bring' the whole folder structure of the source to the destination folder. Quite handy.  Given that I only have three possible states, though, your idea will work.