Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Decoding MP3 files to wave with replaygain applied (Read 2176 times) previous topic - next topic

Decoding MP3 files to wave with replaygain applied

I know that some decoders (like Musepack, and most recently FLAC) have the ability to apply replaygain to the stored music, resulting in a replaygained wave file after the decode is completed.  Is there any way to do this to mp3 files using fb2k, and more specifically, using Album gain instead of Track gain?

If this has already been answered, I apologize - I did my mandatory 15 minute search before posting.

C

Reply #2
Well, sure - but the problem is that 'use replaygain' doesn't tell me whether or not Album or Track gain is used in the decode process.  Can someone confirm that this will use Album gain?

C

Reply #3
RTFM

you can change which replaygain-mode to use in the fb2k playback settings. I think the diskwriter will use the same mode, as the one used for playback.
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #4
Ah!  Excellent.  That will make my life much easier to deal with.  Many thanks.

C