Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_projectM (Read 30072 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_vis_projectM

Reply #75
Hi guys,
I installed projectM following instruction of foobar's site.
Amazing feeling to see the visualizations I really wanted.

But it did not last for long:
- Most of the presets do flash very rapidly for few seconds and then turn dark (crash)
- Animations seem to move way too fast than they should
- Some presets do just flash very rapdly full color screens.
- Some others just stay black.
- If I select Preset Duration 60 it will instead switch in about 15-20 seconds

Because of this last symtom my guess is that it could it be because my monitor is running at 240hz?

Runny a ryzen 3800x with an rtx3090.

Anything I can do to have it behave properly?
Maybe is there a way to put an fps limiter?

Reply #76
Hi guys,

- Most of the presets do flash very rapidly for few seconds and then turn dark (crash)

Because of this last symtom my guess is that it could it be because my monitor is running at 240hz?

You might try going to the nvidia control panel, select Manage 3D Settings then Program Settings, and add foobar2000.exe. Scroll down the list to find "max frame rate" and try setting that to whatever limit you want to try. I would guess given the age of these milk visualizations, some just don't work with modern hardware. That's a total guess, though.

Reply #77
Hi guys,

You might try going to the nvidia control panel, select Manage 3D Settings then Program Settings, and add foobar2000.exe. Scroll down the list to find "max frame rate" and try setting that to whatever limit you want to try. I would guess given the age of these milk visualizations, some just don't work with modern hardware. That's a total guess, though.

Thank you for the suggestion.
I am trying to set the limit, I will let you know how it goes.

Reply #78
I really love the plugin I just a couple of things I miss. it would be nice if you could set it to change on song change, it would also be nice if it reverted to the same windows size/location when you exit fullscreen.

Reply #79
Awesome component! Loving it, and using the 64bit version currenctly. Just set up a tab view that's just a simple playlist and album viewer on the side and projectM taking up 66% of the remaining space. 

The documentation page that one can navigate to from the components page seems slightly outdated (last noteworthy update was in September 2007, almost 16 years ago to the day 😅), so I was confused about setting it up in preferences, but seems like that is not necessary anymore. 

Feature suggestion: One thing that'd be nice was being able to keyboard shortcuts, in particular just for the "random preset".
"foolish humans, no matter how you try to cover the sky with your hands - is the sky truly smaller than your grasp?" - Gran Kain