Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: replay gain and loudness... (Read 3763 times) previous topic - next topic

replay gain and loudness...

Is there a way to adjust the loudness when using replay gain? If I apply replay gain the default way the overall loudness is rather low for outdoor use.

Reply #1
Use ReplayGain preamp under Playback section in Preferences.

Reply #2
found it 
thanks

Reply #3
Is replaygain pream modify sound exactly as original preamp and volume control dsp ? Or may be it use another algoritm.

Reply #4
Is replaygain pream modify sound exactly as original preamp and volume control dsp ? Or may be it use another algoritm.

A preamp is a preamp, it makes the sound louder. the only diff between the old preamp and the RG preamp is that the later only works on files with RG info.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Reply #5
I love having this Preamp. Just love not having to remember it under the DSP.

P.S. The Preamp does have a slider for files w/o RG info too.

Reply #6
You don't understand me  I mean that (by my ear) preamp and replaygain may be use different algoritm to change loudness of music. E.g. when I volume down music (or preamp-down), it modify all frequences proportional. But when volume of music changed by replaygain, low frequences disappear more.
Or only I hear it ?

Reply #7
You don't understand me  I mean that (by my ear) preamp and replaygain may be use different algoritm to change loudness of music. E.g. when I volume down music (or preamp-down), it modify all frequences proportional. But when volume of music changed by replaygain, low frequences disappear more.
Or only I hear it ?

you only hear it.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."