Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album List Help? (Read 2118 times) previous topic - next topic

Album List Help?

hello
i am trying to figure out how to get the album list portion of foobar to work as to my needs!!!  i try to understand foobar but it does not work with my head!??
i wish for albumlist to recognize my directories better!!!
for instance i have some albums like
"artist/2000 - album/"
which show up in the album list as only
"album"
and cause great confusion as to what the artist is!!!
i wish them to say artist - year - album, but i cannot figure out???

could someone please help me with my errors?? i am too unknowing for foobar codenames and my english is... not well!

please, help??

-bjorn

Album List Help?

Reply #1
Album list uses foobar formatting strings to build its tree. Hierarchy levels are separated in the formatting string by the pipe character |. Information on formatting string syntax can be found in the titleformat help - press the little help button under Preferences->Display->Titleformatting. Album list for foobar version 0.7 also has this button in its configuration. Available tags can be seen in the Show file info dialog.
Now on to your specific problem. You can use
Code: [Select]
%arstist% - %date% - %album%|$if2(%title%,%_filename%)
as your Album list formatting string. The $if2(%title%,%_filename%) part shows the title of a track, if it is available, or the filename, if it is not available. Of course your files need to be tagged, if you want to use tags. Tagging large numbers of files can be done easily with the Masstagger. You should search the forum for info about using Masstagger.
If you don't want to tag your files, try using the $directory function:
Code: [Select]
$directory(%_path%,2) - $directory(%_path%)|%_filename%