Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EQ with more sliders + finer decibel increments please? (Read 958 times) previous topic - next topic

EQ with more sliders + finer decibel increments please?

Being on the Autistic spectrum I happen to have extremely sensitive hearing and am prone to quite premature listening fatigue, especially without the lows and highs cut in a very specific way.  I've spent many many hours on end tweaking Foobar2k's equalizer.
In many instances and with various speakers, I have fine-tuned the sound as much as the EQ will allow, but finer tweaking was still much desired.
I'm also an amateur sound producer. I admit I have a bit of OCD as well, heheh, but in all seriousness I believe a more extensive EQ would be useful to many people with sensitive ears/nervous system, and/or picky audiophile sensibilities.

I have no coding skills, so I humbly request someone consider this.

I would love finer control over the highs and lows especially. An additional frequency between the lowest and highest 6 sliders, [or even going all the way DOUBLING the number of sliders,]  would truly give my ears a boner.  Also, finer decibel resolution would be GREAT-- I have actually sat FRUSTRATEDLY disappointed in both of the 2 options offered between 2 consecutive slider notches, wishing I could set that particular slider to an in-between spot!

Thanks for considering !  Long live Fb2k !

Reply #1
Don't expect changes to the built-in equalizer unless xnor donates his work for Peter to use. I recommend switching to Graphic Equalizer which should fulfill your needs.

Reply #2
Don't expect changes to the built-in equalizer unless xnor donates his work for Peter to use. I recommend switching to Graphic Equalizer which should fulfill your needs.

Yeah I just found it a bit ago  Hopefully this will do the trick!  I see it has only 12dB range, but I can use both eq's simultaneously, it seems with no problem.

Thank You !!!

Reply #3
Either that or a decent VST plugin EQ with a VST wrapper. I use DMG EQuilibrium and TDR SlickEQ GE, both are great!