Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tagging via properties no longer works (Read 207 times) previous topic - next topic

Tagging via properties no longer works

I use Foobar2000 in a 32 bit wineprefix on Arch Linux.

It's hard to say when this bug appeared, but it definitely carried over from before I created a clean wineprefix recently, and I did not have this problem before version 2.

The problem is that I cannot tag files via context-menu -> properties. When I edit anything and hit "apply", the view reloads and displays the previous tags again. "Ok" doesn't work either.

All my music is on an NTFS filesystem mounted with full read/write permissions.

There is no error being displayed in the console.

For some reason I cannot go into safe mode. When I try to launch into safe mode, I just get an error popup saying "Internal error - one or more of the installed components have been damaged; please run the foobar2000 installer again." But reinstalling it doesn't help. Why would safe mode fail to launch because of "damaged components" when its whole point is to disable components?

F2k version: 2.1.5
Wine version: 9.6-1

Codec of files I was using for testing:
Tool : LAME3.99r
Tag type : id3v2.3|id3v1

Re: Tagging via properties no longer works

Reply #1
Nevermind, the problem seems to depend on the wineprefix after all. I don't know what part of it is at fault, but it's definitely not due to foobar2000. Thread can be closed I suppose.

Edit: It was the Windows version selected in winecfg.  ::)
Win7 breaks tagging. Win10 doesn't. God knows why.