Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Features (Read 2682 times) previous topic - next topic

Features

I just started trying out foobar2000 and before I really start using it and migrate away from iTunes, I was wondering if the following features were available as extensions.
- Last.fm scrobbling capability
- Media keys on the preview window in Win7

Thank you in advance for any help.

Features

Reply #2
Thank you for the quick reply. Do you happen to know how to configure the last.fm plug-in. Like where do I enter my account name?
And yes I was referring to the taskbar thumbnails.

Features

Reply #4
thank you, they both work perfectly.

Features

Reply #5
For the record, I prefer using the last.fm client, as it allows more fine-grained control over scrobbling behaviour, and lets you Love a track.

Features

Reply #6
Hi I'm new in this foobar buissness and have few questions
1 Can you rate songs like in winamp ? if no is there plugin for this ?
If there is a plugin for this or function, can you make playlist from best rated songs like in winamp ?
2 Can you import playlist from winamp using foobar ?
3 Can you enable somehow numbers showing which mp3 file you are listening (and I'm not talking about "track no" because I have mp3's that show nothing in this section and lot of them, winamp counts them so it is easier to find favourite ones etc, but foobar shows nothing in track no field (propably because they are random songs with no file info)
4 Can you change skins in foobar ?

Features

Reply #7
1 Can you rate songs like in winamp ? if no is there plugin for this ?

Yes. It's called foo_playcount, and will log rating as 1-5 as well as playcounts and other relevant data. Check here.

If there is a plugin for this or function, can you make playlist from best rated songs like in winamp ?

That's possible, but I don't know off the top of my head how to do it. People more familiar with library queries can help you.

2 Can you import playlist from winamp using foobar ?

Yes. Foobar can open .m3u playlists.
Note: internally, Foobar saves all open playlists in the user folder, so there is no connection between a playlist in foobar and the playlist file you just opened.

3 Can you enable somehow numbers showing which mp3 file you are listening

Yes. If I understand you correctly, (from memory) right-click on any column header in a playlist and enable the column that contains the playlist item number. I don't have FB handy and can't remember what it's called. Play around.

4 Can you change skins in foobar ?

It is technically possible, but it's cumbersome, poorly supported, and the general feel is that foobar is about functionality rather than looks. It's minimized most of the time anyway. If you want more layout power, check out a component called "Columns UI", but I recommend trying out foobar in its default state first,

random songs with no file info

I strongly recommend tagging your files and making sure you keep your music files in a single location.  Many powerful organisation features of foobar depend on proper metadata.

Features

Reply #8
Thanks, you helkped me a lot, goodby winamp I wont miss you