Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Possible Hardware Problem (Read 1591 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible Hardware Problem

I have burnt well over 200 wma data discs for my car.I have followed the manual for my in-dash wma/mp3 player to a t.

About 3-4 months ago i installed a peice of software called mediamonkey.That day before i installed it i burnt a disc for my car and it works fine.I then proceeded to spend the next 3-4 months adding as much info to the id3 tags as i could.

I realized my in-dash player accepts CD-RW discs and i had amassed quite a bit more music so i decided to reburn my entire car collection.

None of the files work in my car now.It sees all the folders and files but just hangs at the very begining of the song,And some it just plain skips.

I figured it had something todo with the tags as thats the only thing i can think of that i changed.So i strip the tags completely but they still refuse to play.So i picked one album to test out.Now all of a sudden no matter what i do to the file it plays in my car.I add as much info to the tag and no problems(as i thought that was the problem).

So i guess my ? is what happened to my original WMA collection?By any chance can a file that doesnt work be compared to one that does work to pinpoint the problem?My library is 30k plus files.To retranscode my mp3 collection to wma will take quite a long time and i was hopin maybe you fine folks here could help me troubleshoot?I have spent 3 weeks of my free time trying to duplicate the problem but i cannot find it.

What i have tried to do is first transcode the mp3's to wma using 2 differnet software.I then add as much info to the tags of the wma to try and "corrupt" it.I have tried different burning software and CD's.But it seems they all work no matter what i do.So what coulda happened to my orignal WMA collection.

I got a backup of both the MP3 collection and once i was done tagging the WMA's i backed them up to(which was a big mistake since they dont play in my car anymore)(deleted the orignal WMA backup).

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.....if it is feel free to move it.Id appreciate any comments or suggestions.Im at my wits end and really dont want to retranscode my entire mp3 collection to wma.(i use WMA for its supposed quality at half the bitrate).Im hurtin on hard drive space and also discs for the car.......so wma does me good.