Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC Configuration (Read 2352 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC Configuration

Just when I though I had figured EAC out.

For my new internal CD-RW drive the 'Memorex 52MAXX 2452AJ' I'm getting nowhere trying to configure EAC. The Configuration Wizard gives me one configuration, and then manual configuration using 'Detect Read Features' gives another stating the drive is C2 capable. And then when using 'Examine C2 Feature' EAC states the drive is probably not C2 capable.

I don't know what to trust in the configuration of this new drive and need some suggestions. Also the drive was released in October 2002, which is newer than EAC v0.9 Beta 4, hence the reason I'm sorta not trusting the Configuration Wizard's preselected configuration.

EAC Configuration

Reply #1
Use manual selection... disable C2 (I don't use it even though EAC says reliably that I can use that function). Burn a couple of offset CDs and work out your drives offsets and you should right to accurately rip CDs. With EAC I would run every test at least 3 times to make sure the results are reliable and repeatable.

Cheers hopes that helps you.
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams