Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Again on EAC, plextor and C2 (Read 2551 times) previous topic - next topic

Again on EAC, plextor and C2

I have just ripped one really scratched CD using EAC and my Plextor Plexmax 40x SCSI.

In Burst mode I have heavy pops and glitch on a specific track and two suspicius positions. RIP speed = 21x

Using "Accurate Stream": heavy slowdown (speed on problematic blocks 0.1x) but the audio is good.

Using C2 error informations to detect errors I extract with a decent speed (about 10x with peaks of 18x) and the sample is still as good as "Accurate Stream".

I have read a topic with some concerns about using C2 error correction on EAC using a plextor but it would be good, IMHO,  to read the reasons an some tests...

Starting from now I ll rip using the C2 feature because of speed and accurancy.

Have you some good arguments to let me change my opinion ?

Heca.

Again on EAC, plextor and C2

Reply #1
try ripping that problematic track without C2, and then with C2, and compare the results.  If they're the same, that would be good enough for me personally to keep C2 enabled.