Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CD-Text in Cue (Read 4309 times) previous topic - next topic

CD-Text in Cue

I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times (I'm sure it has, but I wan't able to find the answer by searching the forums or wiki :-( ), but I ripped my CDs to my computer (.flac format) with a cue sheet. Now I want to burn those Cue sheets to backup cds, but I can't get the CD-Text to show up. I tried editing "TRACK 01 AUDIO" to "When The Sun Goes Down" but EAC is giving me errors when I try to load it. Please help.

(It's my first post. :-D )

CD-Text in Cue

Reply #1
A) EAC? It can't directly burn FLAC files...
B) Don't touch the "TRACK nn AUDIO" things! 
C) The "TITLE" and "PERFORMER" directives are used to create CD-TEXT info, provided your software and burner are able to burn CD-TEXT.
D) Give Burrrn a try! Get it from here

Cheers!

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

CD-Text in Cue

Reply #2
A) I use AutoFlac to have it convert first to .wav, then burn
B) Ok, thank you
C) My burner supports CD-Text info, because when I used Burrrn CD-Text showed up in Foobar.
D) Burn doesn't support write offsets, correct?

How can I configure EAC to burn my CD-Text?

My Settings

What Foobar shows when I insert the CD.

Code: [Select]
REM GENRE "Alternative Rock"
REM DATE 2005
REM DISCID 11019903
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.95b3"
PERFORMER "Arctic Monkeys"
TITLE "When The Sun Goes Down"
FILE "When The Sun Goes Down.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "When The Sun Goes Down"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Stickin' To The Floor"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 03:17:70
FILE "Stickin' To The Floor.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Seven"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 01:16:68
FILE "Seven.wav" WAVE

My .cue

CD-Text in Cue

Reply #3
You have not mentioned if you enabled ''Drive options -- Writer tab -- Drive is able to write CD-Text''

Forgive me, I am going blind

CD-Text in Cue

Reply #4
It is enabled. My settings are in the first screenshot (In post 3

CD-Text in Cue

Reply #5
If you put in a CD you wrote with EAC, and click ''Database > Get CD Information From > CD-TEXT'', does the information appear?

CD-Text in Cue

Reply #6
I just tried that, and EAC does. Why won't foobar read the CD-Text? Is there another program that can read CD-Text?

CD-Text in Cue

Reply #7
Well... it really seems you are actually burning CD-TEXT information!
None of the applications I use reads CD-TEXT information, beside EAC. I don't know about others. I remember there once was a free CD-TEXT player available but I can't remember where and even its exact denomination. Old stuff, anyway.
No... I don't think Burrrn handle offsets, but IMO is not going to be a great problem, unless you re-rip, re-burn, re-rip, re-burn... (n iterations).

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

CD-Text in Cue

Reply #10
It did write the CD-Text, because when I inserted it into my car cd player, the CD-Text showed up.

Thank you to everyone for the help.