Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_bookmarks (Read 257782 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #126
Thanks a lot!

Moderation: Removed full quote of the preceding post.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #127
No problem. Best. 

Moderation: Removed full quote of the preceding post.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #128
I loaded Columns UI just to be able to use this plugin ... am I mistaken or is the bookmark only bookmark a single track in the playlist, not the playing location (time within the track) ?

I'm listening to an audiobook that has 42+ minute tracks, so to be able to bookmark the spot in the track is what I'm trying to do.

I'm not sure how to use the plugin, either.  There are three commands in the keyboard shortcut list that come up when you search 'bookmark'

There's:

Edit -> Clear Bookmarks

Playback ->  Bookmark Playback Queue

Context ->  Bookmark

Context / Playlist ->  Bookmark

Context / Now Playing ->  Bookmark

I've tried assigning shortcuts to these, and tried to figure it out by trial and error and the most I've been able to get to happen is the bookmarked track to become selected.

Okay sorry there is a reply that covers this a bit but I'm still stuck:

to get the plugin to work you need the Columns User Interface (as for all components with foo_uie... in their name). With foobar's default user interface it will not function.

In Preferences go to Display / Columns UI. Now choose the tab "Layout". Create a new one and integrate "Bookmarks" therein or in an existing one.

The zip with the component includes a textfile with further hints. Furthermore rightclicking on a playlist item you see a new entry "Bookmark".

Robertina

In preferences go to Display Columns UI, Layout tab, create a new one ... all no problem until you say "integrate bookmarks" to an old or new layout.  I do not see how to do this.  I select a layout and everything stays greyed out, with no options to make any changes.

And the text file, with no disrespect meant to the author, explains this plugin as if you already know a bunch about everything to do with foobar2000, which I don't.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #129
... all no problem until you say "integrate bookmarks" to an old or new layout.  I do not see how to do this.  I select a layout and everything stays greyed out, with no options to make any changes.

Right-click an element in your layout and look at the context menu options you will get this way.

I think your question has less to do with foo_uie_bookmarks itself than with "how to create layouts with Columns UI".
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #130
tanka has released v0.3.0 of foo_uie_bookmarks yesterday. See the first post of this thread for details.

I am pointing that out here because that new version could probably be overlooked easily: tanka's post editing has not automatically updated the "Last Action's" date and time in the 3rd Party Plugins forum overview.

So thank you very much, tanka.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #131
thx a lot for this update. tanka

I like the new features, especially Autolink, the new columns and flags help and renaming/changing some options make these more clearly to me.

But I don't understand the "Bookmark+/Bookmark+ (flush)" context menu.
If I "Bookmark+" some track the playback queue isn't bookmarked, only this single track. Manually bookmarking pq only works with "Bookmark Playback Queue".

P.S.: Thx to robertina, too

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #132
From v0.3.0 change's log:

If Time Capture is enabled & Autoremove is disabled for a bookmark, time is reset to zero when playback reaches end of track.

tanka,

I am listening regularly to educational audiobooks/podcasts and I am bookmarking certain parts to jump easily back to them at a later time. My problem is that if the podcast's playback has finished my bookmarks get deleted due to that citied behavior.

Is there any chance for an additional option not to remove/reset time captured bookmarks, so that they would be permanently until their manual deletion or until the bookmarked file itself is deleted?

Sorry for my bad English.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #133
hi, what exactly can %bookmarks% be used for?  I created a column (in columnUI) to display the contents of %bookmarks% but nothing showed, even after I bookmarked a particular track.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #135
yes, but  %bookmarks% being a "Field for global title formatting" I would imagine it can be used somehow in columnsUI.  I thought it could be used in the playlist to show if a song has been bookmarked.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #136
tb2496,

on my system a CUI column with code %bookmarks% shows the same content as the Bookmarks panel's column "Flags", but only when a bookmarked track is playing. Otherwise the CUI column shows nothing (is empty).

Bookmarks 0.3.0, Columns UI 0.3.8.0, Windows XP Professional.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #137
I see, cool.  thanks

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #139
But I don't understand the "Bookmark+/Bookmark+ (flush)" context menu.
If I "Bookmark+" some track the playback queue isn't bookmarked, only this single track. Manually bookmarking pq only works with "Bookmark Playback Queue".

P.S.: Thx to robertina, too
I haven't been able to reproduce this.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #140
Is there any chance for an additional option not to remove/reset time captured bookmarks, so that they would be permanently until their manual deletion or until the bookmarked file itself is deleted?

Sorry for my bad English.
Maybe I misunderstand but you can disable Autoremove in prefs or for individual bookmarks via context menu.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #141
you can disable Autoremove in prefs or for individual bookmarks via context menu.

Yes, Autoremove is disabled in my setup but with that setting the bookmarked time is reset to zero (0:00) as soon as the file has been played completely. That is the reason why I am interested in an option to keep the bookmarked time even if a file has been played to its end.

With Autoremove unticked should the bookmarked time be kept? I am asking that because I am using several Columns UI layouts and my typical situation is that I am starting foobar2000 with a Columns UI layout which does not contain foo_uie_bookmarks, then I am listening to a track with passages worth to be bookmarked and only then I am switching to a layout with integrated foo_uie_bookmarks to use its functions.

Could this behaviour prevent foo_uie_bookmarks from working flawlessly?

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #142
@tanka: there is some issue with foo_uie_bookmarks here

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #143
Hi,
I have just downloaded Foobar2000 & foo_ui_columns & foo_uie_bookmarks.

I understand that I am supposed to do something with foo_ui_columns, and I have read all the documentation I can find for this plugin, but it is all too complicated for me to understand.

I don't really mind how it looks, so long as I can simply use some bookmarks on a couple of sound files I am working with.

Is there a simple step by step guide anywhere that will help me to get it to work please?

Thanks.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #144
put bookmark panel in your layout
right-click on track while playing and choose bookmark, or add button for nowplaying item in toolbar and bind to that command if you think you'll use it frequently
than just double click the bookmarked item in bookmark panel for playback

this is basic, as there are other options available in bookmark preferences

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #145
Thanks very much @2E7AH.
I see now I can add the Bookmark panel to the default view.

My mistake was following the the advice above I didn't realise "integrate bookmarks" meant add bookmark as a panel.
I also created a new layout preset as suggested above. This makes things more complicated as the whole layout would need to be created.

Where would be the best place in the Wiki for me to put some basic tips about this to help others please?
Thanks.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #146
0.3.1 test released. fb2k 1.x now required. DUI Element version has been implemented.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #148
great, Thank you!

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #149
delete (crash report)