Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_bookmarks (Read 258614 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #75
One question, one bug and one request. 

1. What does the "save" command in context menu and the option "instant save" in preferences mean?

2. If a bookmark from a cached playlist is played in automode the bookmark dissapears correctly after the bookmarked is played till end. But the same track is played again then.

3. It happens often to me that i keep the bookmarks but at same time i have deleted the entry in playlist or even have removed the whole playlist. If i then load a bookmark the bookmarked tracked will be added to the captured playlist or the playlist will be created again (if removed or locked).
I really don't like that behaviour and would like to ask for following feature (optional):

If bookmarked track doesn't belong anymore to captured playlist or captured playlist doesn't exist anymore then play bookmarked track in playlist for bookmarks w/o playlist and change catured playlist to that playlist.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #76
+ = Added, - = Removed, ~ = Change, ! = Fix

* + auto nonbookmarks mode pref "Capture cleared cache playlist"; the s.a. disable options no longer have the exception that cleared cache playlists are captured
    * + %bookmarks_auto_mode% value "cccp", combined with the nonbookmarks values
    * + reset button for name format
    * + pref "Prestart Seconds": number of seconds to substract from bookmark's time when starting playback
    * + specify a playlist to be used for all 3 of the following toggable situations: bookmarking playlistless tracks, bookmarks whose playlists don't exist, and bookmarks whose playlists exist but not the tracks
    * + toggable custom colors for selection, inactive selection, playing bookmark
    * ~ if a bookmark is playing and auto bookmarks mode is enabled, the bookmark becomes an auto bookmark
    * ~ if auto nonbookmarks s.a. is in effect during playback, resolve its status from changes to the cache playlists and s.a. disable prefs
    * ~ if the panel is closed and fb2k remains open and an auto mode is on, capture the auto mode
    * ~ if a file for a bookmark does not exist, pop up window showing the location
    * ~ prevent scroll position change when adding/removing bookmarks
    * ~ moved appearance prefs into own branch
    * ~ refactoring
    * ! clicking outside a selection that moved after sorting or adding new bookmarks did not clear it; clicking inside the selection also resulted in wrong behavior
    * ! issues with closing then opening the panel

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #77
Nice to see all the improvements. It works for me without any problems. Thanks!

I would like to ask for a suboption concerning the automode-bookmark queue. If suboption isn't checked everything works like now - if this suboption is checked following happens: If during queue stop-button is pressed or foobar is closed then old behaviour but if another track is started by doubleclick or enter then immedetially load the saved queue again.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #78
Nice to see all the improvements. It works for me without any problems. Thanks!

I would like to ask for a suboption concerning the automode-bookmark queue. If suboption isn't checked everything works like now - if this suboption is checked following happens: If during queue stop-button is pressed or foobar is closed then old behaviour but if another track is started by doubleclick or enter then immedetially load the saved queue again.

What you want basically is for the queue not to clear when you start a new track, right? This is not really in the domain of this plugin. However, I can add the option that loading a queue-bookmark does not stop the currently playing track.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #79
What you want basically is for the queue not to clear when you start a new track, right? This is not really in the domain of this plugin. However, I can add the option that loading a queue-bookmark does not stop the currently playing track.

Yes, i know that it doesn't really belong to this plugin. I asked because your plugin already can do what would be necessary for that feature: saving a queue and loading again after it was deleted - the difference would be not to load manually.

Thanks for newest version! So far i didn't experience any problems.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #80
+ = Added, - = Removed, ~ = Change, ! = Fix

* ~ queue cache files now start with 'q_' and crc32 calculated differently due to queue-bookmark loading change
    * ~ queue-bookmark loading: if playback is not active, load into the queue and start playback, else only load into the queue
    * ~ do not allow auto nonbookmarks mode to activate when playing a bookmark
    * ~ improved playback error handling (eg, now handles nonexistent CD properly)
    * ~ improved error handling for cache loading/saving
    * ~ internal changes
    * ! wrong auto mode time capturing due to playback slowdowns caused by, eg, bad seeking (monkey's audio) or cd-rom drive loading; captured time now consistently matches %playback_time% value

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #81
I think placing the "clear bookmarks" in the "edit" menu is not a good idea because all the commands there are concerned to active playlist. A better place could be the "file" menu.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #82
Hello Tanka,

Thank you for your great plugin. However I have a problem with the latest version 0.2.2.
Foobar crashes at the end of the track when the bookmark is the last track in the playlist.
Version 0.2.0 doesn't have this problem, it simply stops playing the last track in the playlist without crashing.
I hope you can understand my poor english.

greetings,
Ben

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #83
I'm having a problem with tracks that are on playlists generated by Autoplaylist or Playlist Tree Panel.  If I'm playing a track from one of those playlists and switch to a song on a different playlist, the bookmark panel correctly remembers the time and playlist of the previous track.  But if I manually bookmark the track or close foobar, it does not remember the time or playlist.  On playlists I have manually created the panel works exactly the way I would expect it to, it's just on these generated playlists I'm having weird issues.
edit: just a problem on my end, nm

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #84
I think there is a bug. Your component does only update the bookmarks time, after it has been double clicked once.

Eample. I'm doing this:

1. Add bookmark via keyboard shortcut. The bookmark appears at time 42:42.
2. listen to the track a bit more.
3. Manually go to another track.
4. Double click the bookmark, it starts again at 42:42
5. Again listen, till 45:46.
6. Again change tracks.
7. Now the bookmark entry automatically changes to the time 45:46. This is the intended behaviour.

I was expecting 7 also at 3.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #85
I think there is a bug. Your component does only update the bookmarks time, after it has been double clicked once.

Eample. I'm doing this:

1. Add bookmark via keyboard shortcut. The bookmark appears at time 42:42.
2. listen to the track a bit more.
3. Manually go to another track.
4. Double click the bookmark, it starts again at 42:42
5. Again listen till 45:46.
6. Again change tracks.
7. Now the bookmark entry automatically changes to the time 45:46. This is the intended behaviour.

I was expecting 7 also at 3.

No bug. That could be a new feature.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #86
Yes, I'd really like to see it automatically update the existing bookmark on trackchange/exit/whatever. As an option.

But what I reported is not consistent behaviour, is it?

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #87
@Tanka:

I have a suggestion: Add two actions to a bookmarks right click menu:
-Open bookmark in auto mode
-open bookmark in non-auto mode

so users could have individual behaviour for each bookmark they want to play. The option under settings could be seen as the default action (double click)

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #88
When using a PanelsUI config ( im using this one ), If I right click -> bookmark the playlist name isnt saved and is left blank.So when you double click the bookmark it creates a new playlist without a name.However if I create a bookmark hotkey the playlist name is saved and works fine.

http://knight.ill.at/bkbug.jpg

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #89
I think placing the "clear bookmarks" in the "edit" menu is not a good idea because all the commands there are concerned to active playlist. A better place could be the "file" menu.

Hopefully i don't bother you or don't seem to be too pedant. 

But since it is no longer possible to reearrange commands in main menu in 0.9.x i think the commands should be placed carefully.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #90
hi,

i'm new to foobar & plugins, i manage to load the Columns UI plugin, but i do not see any colum for this bookmarks plugin even though there is a bookmark option when i right click.

can someone please teach in a idiot proof way how to configure this plugin? i can't fidn anywhere to see my bookmarks or configure it..

thanks

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #91
In the columns ui options, watch out for "layout". Add the bookmark panel to your layout.
This must be enough hint!

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #92
In the columns ui options, watch out for "layout". Add the bookmark panel to your layout.
This must be enough hint!

hi, thanks for the tip. i manage to get it displayed, but while the song is playing & i right-click -> save, nothing gets displayed in the columns.. how do i use the bookmarks?

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #93
Attached File(s)

Attached File:

foo_uie_bookmarks_0.2.3.zip ( 147.4k ) Number of downloads: 485

Attached File:

foo_uie_bookmarks_0.2.5.2.zip ( 161.97k ) Number of downloads: 626

Hi Tanka. Which one of the above should we download, if we're downloading it for the first time?

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #95
you download which ever version you want to run.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #96
I would like to see a version of this plugin for the new default user interface.  It's really handy for keeping track of my spot in audiobooks.

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #97
foobar2000 0.9.5.3 beta 2 gives a warning about this component.  Are there any plans to update it?

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #98
Looking for a similar plugin for the default ui, too. Would be really nice to use this with audiobooks.
Any plans for a port?

foo_uie_bookmarks

Reply #99
It is now compatible with 0.9.5.3.