Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AllofMP3.com Blacklisted Albums (Read 8030 times) previous topic - next topic

AllofMP3.com Blacklisted Albums

AllofMP3.com allows downloading of its content losslessly. Is the content you want to download this way actual CD quality? Are there pops and/or clicks in the track or is it lossy-sourced? This thread is to list the albums that are available for lossless download which are "compromised."

Listing format: Artist - Album (Track #s if not whole album)

Updated: 3/29/05

Lossily sourced:
Evanescence - Origin

Pops and/or clicks:
None

Suspected albums:
None

If you find any lossless downloads that have any imperfections, please list them here and I will update this post for easy reading. Please specify if the track is definitely compromised or if you think or suspect the track is compromised.
Project Leader of DDResampled

Reply #1
A similar thread should really be set up for scene releases as well 

Reply #2
Be sure to report to Allofmp3's support if you notice clicks or such. They are sure
to fix it quickly as it is said on their site.

Reply #3
I have some lossless tracks of Evanescence's Origin from allofmp3. As far as I can hear, it sounds like the original source and I don't hear any clicks or pops. I also ran auCDtect on the song, and it reported that "The track looks like CDDA with 100% probability."

Reply #4
Be sure to report to Allofmp3's support if you notice clicks or such. They are sure
to fix it quickly as it said on their site.

Really? Hmm does that mean I can get a refund for downloading Origin? Not like it matters, though; I'm getting more credit than I can spend by uploading to them...

Reply #5
Yeezz, you can get the refund, but in a very rare case    Check this out, it's from their website :

Code: [Select]
Naturally, mistakes are possible in every kind of work. Because we are unable to personally check each track in our database, our users may end up with poor quality tracks sometimes (according to our statistics, this occurs less than 0.03% of he time). If this happens to you, please contact our technical support staff with the subject heading entitled "Music Archive Errors." After we check the issue and validate your appeal, we will return the appropriate balance to your account. We will also try to do everything within our power to replace the low-quality track.

You must also take into account that some of the audio has been recorded from vinyl and may have distinct characteristics that cannot be prevented. In this case, we are unable to provide you with help.

Reply #6
I have some lossless tracks of Evanescence's Origin from allofmp3. As far as I can hear, it sounds like the original source and I don't hear any clicks or pops. I also ran auCDtect on the song, and it reported that "The track looks like CDDA with 100% probability."

How did I miss this post? Well anyways,

Here lied a bunch of spectrum analyzer screenshots proving "Lies" and "Where Will You Go" are in fact lossy.

So, uh, you still believe that program?

Reply #7
pops and clicks in tracks can be directly from bad mastering, too.  I wonder if there is a site where people can inquire about odd pops and clicks on their cds to see if its a bad pressing or if the problems come up on everyones pressings of a certain album.  I know i hear pops and clicks on some albums even though they are brand new. 

Reply #8
So, uh, you still believe that program?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286836"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is it possible the the actually cd mastering has a lowpass set on it?  With Evanescence's highly produced (or mangled) releases I'd say it's possible.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Reply #9
pops and clicks in tracks can be directly from bad mastering, too.

I believe this is done intentionally, especially for soundtracks and compilations. There is no technical excuse for pops & clicks on CDs.

Is it possible the the actually cd mastering has a lowpass set on it?

Watching the spectrum; doubtful.

EDIT: See for yourself. (2.5 MB)

Reply #10
With the majority of allofmp3's content (anything marked OE) being sourced from 384kbps MP3s I don't trust that their more expensive, "lossless" source (OE-EX) is any better.

And since anyone can upload and provide content (for allofmp3 credit), theres nothing to stop anyone upping a transcoded MP3->FLAC rip and claiming it was the original source CD either.

Reply #11
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286837"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, I have a few CDs with this problem  . when I put these songs in an audio editor is very easy to see incredible square waves in specific parts of the songs 

Reply #12
A similar thread should really be set up for scene releases as well 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286736"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

An eye for eye will make the whole world blind

Reply #13
pops and clicks in tracks can be directly from bad mastering, too.  I wonder if there is a site where people can inquire about odd pops and clicks on their cds to see if its a bad pressing or if the problems come up on everyones pressings of a certain album.  I know i hear pops and clicks on some albums even though they are brand new. 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286837"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A few songs have album pops as a sound effect. A Blink 182 song that
I can't remember comes to mind.

Reply #14
With the majority of allofmp3's content (anything marked OE) being sourced from 384kbps MP3s I don't trust that their more expensive, "lossless" source (OE-EX) is any better.

And since anyone can upload and provide content (for allofmp3 credit), theres nothing to stop anyone upping a transcoded MP3->FLAC rip and claiming it was the original source CD either.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286854"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I thought the highest possible bitrate for an MP3 was 320kbps though?
</signature>

Reply #15
With the majority of allofmp3's content (anything marked OE) being sourced from 384kbps MP3s I don't trust that their more expensive, "lossless" source (OE-EX) is any better.<sbip>
I thought the highest possible bitrate for an MP3 was 320kbps though?
everything above 320 is called freeformat. the highest possible normal bitrate is indeed 320.
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Reply #16
Isn't allofmp3.com illegal?

Reply #17
Isn't allofmp3.com illegal?
it is considered to be not illegal under current laws (or better law holes) in Russia.
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Reply #18

I believe this is done intentionally, especially for soundtracks and compilations. There is no technical excuse for pops & clicks on CDs.

Is it possible the the actually cd mastering has a lowpass set on it?

Watching the spectrum; doubtful.

EDIT: See for yourself. (2.5 MB)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286851"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yep, the sample you provided is definitely lossly...I can't believe that auCDtect reports it as 100% lossless 
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'