Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: mp3 with embedded cuesheet (Read 12085 times) previous topic - next topic

mp3 with embedded cuesheet

Is there a posibility to embedd cuesheet in mp3 file
I've tried to create a tag CUESHEET and put cuesheet info in that field but it doesn't
seem to work.

Sorry if this has been talked about....

Reply #1
I've tried to create a tag CUESHEET and put cuesheet info in that field but it doesn't
seem to work.

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

actually it works fine for me!
maybe this is helpful ...

[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=27994&hl=kaysat]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....27994&hl=kaysat[/url]

I embedded cuesheet in FLAC and Monkey's Audio files ... I don't see a reason why it should not work with mp3 files.
What I can think of is that you added the tag to the cuesheet (displayed in fb2k as single tracks) and not to the actual file?

Kaysat

Reply #2
seem to work.

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

actually it works fine for me!
maybe this is helpful ...

[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=27994&hl=kaysat]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....27994&hl=kaysat[/url]

I embedded cuesheet in FLAC and Monkey's Audio files ... I don't see a reason why it should not work with mp3 files.
What I can think of is that you added the tag to the cuesheet (displayed in fb2k as single tracks) and not to the actual file?

Kaysat
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244647"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

actually  i took advice from that thread, but nothing happened.
i did it like this
opened the mp3 file, right click on it, ' special file info box', add new, CUESHEET
and then paste the data from .cue file.

nothing happened , i tried to reload the info from file, remove file from database
than reload it, still nothing.
have you got any idea??

Reply #4
I always wondered why people want to embed a cuesheet into a file.

Is it because of the way you store the files ? I Imagine you have a bunch of files that have cues in one dir but dont like to see the associated cue files cluttering things up, but would rather have just the media files in that dir.

Reply #5
Is it because of the way you store the files ? I Imagine you have a bunch of files that have cues in one dir but dont like to see the associated cue files cluttering things up, but would rather have just the media files in that dir.

Exactly. Cuesheet has no value without audio file. Image audio file for some audio players is incomplete without cuesheet.. Why keep them separate, when they can go together.

Reply #6

Exactly. Cuesheet has no value without audio file. Image audio file for some audio players is incomplete without cuesheet.. Why keep them separate, when they can go together.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289706"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

problem is if you put them in together and then try to add the contents of a folder to the  playlist you end up with two copies, one as the image file and a second copy as all the individual tracks  Remove duplicates doesn't correct this either.  Secondly its tidier and it would mean that when files are shared if the original encoder put the cue in then it would always be there, rather than at times having to find an accompanying file.

The frustrating bit is that all the functionality is there, as it works to read a cue with an mp3 and its possible to had an embedded cue with flac and .ape so surely it wouldn't be hard to include .mp3 files when searching for a CUESHEET tag would it?