Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Dialogs showing up under stuff and volume problems (Read 2062 times) previous topic - next topic

Dialogs showing up under stuff and volume problems

Well, I just started using foobar (version 0.8) and I'm having a couple of problems.

First of all, I have the program hidden in the tray and I'm controlling it by global hotkeys. This all works fine, but when I trigger something that would cause a dialog to pop up (such as the open file dialog), it pops up under all of my windows. It doesn't do this when I have foobar out of tray, of course, but it's rarely like that and I'm wondering if I can get the dialog to pop up over everything regardless of foobar's focus.

Also, with the volume up and down hotkey, it seems to change the volume by extremely small increments and doesn't go up and down as I hold it (like with seeking.) Is there any way to set it to go up or down by so many decibels or have it go up or down more and more as I hold my hotkey?

Reply #1
Is there any way to set it to go up or down by so many decibels or have it go up or down more and more as I hold my hotkey?

In the keyboard shortcuts menu you can assign any number of commands to the same key.  So if you, say, assign "Playback/Volume down" to the same key 5 times (just keep clicking "Add"), you'll get 5 times the normal change in volume with one press of the key

// EDIT: only works pre-0.8.1 beta

Reply #2
In the keyboard shortcuts menu you can assign any number of commands to the same key.  So if you, say, assign "Playback/Volume down" to the same key 5 times (just keep clicking "Add"), you'll get 5 times the normal change in volume with one press of the key

This has been removed in the 0.8.1 beta - from the changelog:

- keyboard shortcut config page no longer allows same key to be assigned multiple times

Reply #3

This has been removed in the 0.8.1 beta - from the changelog:

- keyboard shortcut config page no longer allows same key to be assigned multiple times

Awww.... that had some handy uses  I guess it was a little dangerous though.

About time I caught up with the new betas...

Reply #4
:\... any idea about dialogs though?