Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Testing FLAC files (Read 2263 times) previous topic - next topic

Testing FLAC files

I appreciate this topic has been addressed elsewhere however the solutions went beyond my technical ability    and would appreciate advice

Using EAC, I completed archiving my CDs to flac without apparent problems, however I now find that there are some (very few I believe) tracks which do not play completely. In foobar2000, the track plays ok at first, but after about 2 mins the player jumps to the next track. Testing the track in FLAC frontend shows the file to be ok!

If its relevant, the hard drive I used was connected as an external usb drive - I had no problems with EAC, but several problems moving files around. I wonder if this corrupted some of the files.

I have tried playing the same problem files on different pcs with the same result.

I now want to test the files in my collection so I can find out how big a problem I have! Somehow I need to create an output file listing of problem tracks which I should replace. If someone knows how to do this, and can explain this in a way I can implement it, I would be very grateful!

Thanks in advance.