Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multiple FB2K commands in batch file? (Read 1956 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiple FB2K commands in batch file?

First post, so let me just say how AMAZED I am with Foobar.  Excellent program made to satisfy real needs.  Can't beat that.  Anyways, on to Q...

How can multiple foobar commands be implemented from a batch file?  The first one launches fine, but where do I go from there?

(assuming the files are already loaded in FB2K)
to open FB2K, select all, and then use diskwriter to conver, I'd like to do something like...

foobar2000.exe /command:"playlist/selection/select all"
foobar2000.exe /command:"[context]convert/run conversion"

This doesn't seem to work.  How can I keep the batch file's focus on one instance of foobar?  Is this even possible?

related Q: Is the second line the write way to access commands that I would normally right-click? 

I'm still low on the learning curve, so sorry if these are basic questions...

Thanks in advance,
Erik

/edited to clafify assuming files already loaded in FB2K

Reply #1
bump... Anyone have any thoughts/experience?

Is this something that a component could cover?  I can code in C++ (though its been a while), but am not really familer with the Foobar SDK, anyone have any insight if a custom component would/could be the appropriate option?  The ONLY option?

Perhaps a little more background would help:
I have a ton of live shows from Further, etree, various FTP sites, etc. that I would like to convert to lame -alt standard MP3.  Most are in SHN format though some are FLAC.  This will allow me to store hi-quality MP3s on my hard drives for use with my iPod and cheapie flash player (that I use at the gym), while archieving the SHNs/FLACs to CD.  (just to be clear, I have no intention of distributing these MP3s, I just want to be able to listen to the shows on my portables )

In the end, I hope to piece together a few Foobar 2000 functions and integrate them into the XP shell so that I can right-click on a file or directory and have it do everything I want in one click.

So basically:
SHN/FLAC =>
tag using foo_tradersfriend =>
create mp3s with foo_lame =>
move files around to proper locations (ie 'ready to burn', etc.) =>
celebrate!

I'm going to start looking at the included files in the SDK as well as the code of some other plug-ins, but I would really appreciate some tips and suggestions.

Thanks,
Erik

Reply #2
Try "Bring to front when adding new files from commandline" option in the Commandline section of Core Preferences.
Foobar2000->Preferences->Core