Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Please Help Me find this song! (Read 5230 times) previous topic - next topic

Please Help Me find this song!

OK i need to find this song

It was a techo, trance, ambiant,Dance (I dont really know Exactly, But i think you get the idea) It was out last summer, it was played quite a bit on Radio 1 ,UK station) and a few people said it sounded "a bit 80's" Its got both a male and female vocals in it or I think it does I think and it didnt properly Kick off untill near the end on the radio version anyway.

Any one got any guesses?

Reply #1
If it could have been something released in 1997, but still receiving radio airplay in the UK, then the song you describe could have been Trip Like I Do by The Crystal Method from the album "Vegas".  The song begins with a slow synthesizer, then fades through several different effects, building slowly.  A woman's voice comes on saying things like "I want you to trip like me, I want you to have fun...me and you."  At the 2:30 mark there is a bridge with more build-up and a new percussion method with different synths with a *lot* of channel seperation.  (A nice bass test at 2:45 also.)  At 3:23, the song "breaks out" into fast percussion.  Total duration is 7:34.  (It's my favorite Crystal Method song, that's the only reason I can recall the timemarks.)

Or perhaps it could be telepopmusik's Breathe, which also features a woman's voice, and has a somewhat extended intro as well.  In the US, it was used in a car commercial (I think for Mitsubishi).  The song, from the album "Genetic World", was released in 2001.

Reply #2
Might have been something by Faithless. Perhaps even "We Come One". (We Come One doesn't seem to feature female vocals, at least not the club mix). But Faithless has a number of songs that start out boring but skyrocket at the end.

Reply #3
Hmmm, Gigi D'Agostino - I'll Fly Away With You (L'Amour Toujours) fits the description, except for the proper kick-off until the end thing.
Happiness - The agreeable sensation of contemplating the misery of others.

Reply #4
OK i need to find this song

It was a techo, trance, ambiant,Dance (I dont really know Exactly, But i think you get the idea) It was out last summer, it was played quite a bit on Radio 1 ,UK station) and a few people said it sounded "a bit 80's" Its got both a male and female vocals in it or I think it does I think and it didnt properly Kick off untill near the end on the radio version anyway.

Any one got any guesses?

i'm really taking a guess here with "iio - at the end". that's the closest thing i can think of
Be healthy, be kind, grow rich and prosper

Reply #5
scorlibran, hmm, never heard a version of Trip Like I Do with female vocals in it.  In fact, the version on Vegas has no vocals in it at all except for the spoken words at the beginning taken from The Dark Crystal. I know they did a version with Filter for the Spawn soundtrack, but I've yet to hear a version with female vocals in it.  Perhaps you've got a non-North American release of Vegas that has a slightly different mix on it, or it in fact comes from some other CD like a club mix or something. Any more info? These are the only ones I know of, the first being the album version.

Crystal Method, The - 01 - Trip Like I Do.mp3
Crystal Method, The - Trip Like I Do (Jungle Remix).mp3
Crystal Method, The & Filter - Trip Like I Do (Danny Saber Remix).mp3
01 - Filter & The Crystal Method - (Can't You) Trip Like I Do.mp3

<edit> I stand corrected, I forgot all about the girl saying "Oh my god, you're the best" over and over, etc.
<edit> oh yeah, and the 13:36 edit that's my fave  Crystal Method, The & Filter - Trip Like I Do (Edit By _Shorty).mp3

Reply #6
Shorty:  Thanks for the info...I didn't know about those variants of Trip Like I Do.  I'll have to check them out.  As far as I know, my copy of "Vegas" is the standard US release...don't have the case in front of me, but printed on the CD is "© 1997 Outpost Recordings, Distributed by Universal Music...".

Reply #7
yeah, I made an edit to the post not long after posting it, at first I'd completely forgotten about the girl repeating that stuff over and over.