Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Encoding DSD-WavPack does not work as expected (Read 1529 times) previous topic - next topic

Encoding DSD-WavPack does not work as expected

Hi there,
hope, i picked the correct subforum. Otherwise please move this thread!  O:)

I have just a short question - when i convert a dsf-file to Wavpack in Foobar2000 its not DSD anymore but PCM. Whats the reason for that? And is it possible to adjust this behavior to leave DSD as DSD?

When i take the original wavpack.exe and convert a dsf-file to wv-file there is no change to PCM. I can re-convert the wv-file to a dsf-file with wvunpack.exe.
When i take a the wv-file from foobar, wvunpack.exe gives me a wav-file.

I don't think that this effect is the desired one?  ::)

Re: Encoding DSD-WavPack does not work as expected

Reply #2
Hmm... that does not sound too good.

It would be perfect to create a DSD-Wavpack with cue-sheet from a sacd-ISO.  ::)

Reply #3
I'm not quite sure, but I think http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_run may solve your problem. That plugin may allow you to directly process files with wavpack as external program from within foobar without conversion to pcm.
Of course, this would require you to add the new service and properly form the command line in the plugin settings...

Reply #4
Thanks for the info!
You are right - this plugin could solve the problem with the conversion dsf-file to wv-file.
But it does not look too good for a conversion iso-file to wv-file. As far as i understand the facts, wavpack.exe expects a dsf- or dff-file as input.