Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: doom9? (Read 7756 times) previous topic - next topic

doom9?

How many of you guys read the forums of doom9 besides Project Mayhem?

I think they both have their own topic, but it's just interesting to know how many of the audio-geeks are video-geeks, too.
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

doom9?

Reply #1
I have read over at doom9 for a year or two. Just recently registered though.

doom9?

Reply #2
Guilty of geekness:P

doom9?

Reply #3
i plead the 5th ammendment...

i would speculate that a large majority of peeps here have played around in video related forums...

doom9?

Reply #4
I'm a double-dipper, too. Actually, I'm a triple-threat dork, since I am an active member over @ AVS as well...

doom9?

Reply #5
Yeah, I read it too. I admit it. I have for a year or more.. (lose track of time) bit didn't register until more recently.
happiness comes in brown paper bags.

doom9?

Reply #6
You'll be surprise how many members of Doom9 are on the HA forums and vice-versa. Much more than you can ever imagine, actually.

doom9?

Reply #7
i used to do doom9/vqf then i moved to doom9/R3mix

now I'm stuck at doom9/ha

i like these to combo because you can ven get in contac wit the developers og you favorites programs for video/audio encoding
Sven Bent - Denmark

doom9?

Reply #8
I only use Doom9 when I have questions.
I usually browse

R3mix.net : http://r3mix.net/forum
HydrogenAudio : http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?s=
ExactAudio Copy : http://www.digital-inn.de/forumdisplay.php3?forumid=14
George Massenbourg Professionnal audio : http://www.musicplayer.com/cgi-bin/ultimat...i?ubb=forum&f=3

And also
Off-topic :
AnimeOnDVD, zone 2 and beyond : http://www.animeondvd.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi

French
Hardware.fr, video et son (many times more active than all of the above) :
http://forum.hardware.fr/forum.php3

French and Off topic :
Animeland : http://www.animeland.com/

doom9?

Reply #10
I'm registered on the Doom9 forums & visit occasionally, but since I'm not actively involved in video encoding (only dabble occasionally) I don't actively participate.  Doom9 is a great resource tho, probably the best of its kind on the Net.

doom9?

Reply #11
I seem to spend vast amounts of time at forum.doom9.org, www.divx.com/forums, hydroaudio(of course)....

....Used to love vqf.com/bbs...never liked r3mix....far too much whining going on half the time

-Nic

doom9?

Reply #12
Yeah, I loved VQF.com. And yeah, I sometimes post to doom9, though not regularly.

doom9?

Reply #13
  I seem to spend vast amounts of time at forum.doom9.org, www.divx.com/forums, hydroaudio(of course).... 

....Used to love vqf.com/bbs...never liked r3mix....far too much whining going on half the time 

-Nic

I, too, spend a lot of time in Doom9's Xvid forum trying to get a crappy DS brightness filter to go any faster   

Just kidding, Nic. Keep up the great work

doom9?

Reply #14
Originally posted by ChristianHJW

:lurk:
Dan "BetaBoy" Marlin
Founder CoreCodec
The Future of Audio/Video Development and Technology

doom9?

Reply #15
I second that :-) . You'll surprise how many members of the HA are answering lame PM's on Doom9's forum  .

See you at Doom9.

BTW, the Video/Audio forums that I cannot resist are:

this one...
Doom9's...
Ultimateboard (Q-bert's)...
Flexion's (down  )...

All the best,

Mijo.

Originally posted by tangent
You'll be surprise how many members of Doom9 are on the HA forums and vice-versa. Much more than you can ever imagine, actually.
"Stop making me older, start making me new"

doom9?

Reply #16
Originally posted by Ookami
BTW, the Video/Audio forums that I cannot resist are:
this one...
Doom9's...
Ultimateboard (Q-bert's)...
Flexion's (down  )...

Hey Mijo !! ... so what about powerdivx.com  .... of course, i am talking about the rare moments if our servers isn't hacked or our database crashed .... :mad: ...  ...

doom9?

Reply #17

Hey Mijo !! ... so what about powerdivx.com  .... of course, i am talking about the rare moments if our servers isn't hacked or our database crashed .... :mad: ...  ...

I did not do it... all I was doing, was trying to setup the corecodec.com database ;-)
Dan "BetaBoy" Marlin
Founder CoreCodec
The Future of Audio/Video Development and Technology

doom9?

Reply #18
Hello Christian,

you've answered your question ;-) . And when I was more often on Powerdivx I saw that I'm not of much use there ;-) . It's (or was?) more a place for developers and Powerdivx player testers...

But since Ultimate Board closed maybe I'll be more often on Powerdivx (if it's not hacked).

BTW, are you a PR person in the real life (I heard there is such a thing, but, IMO, that's only an rumor. Hehehe...)? If not, you should be  !

Cheers,

Mijo.

doom9?

Reply #19
Originally posted by Ookami you've answered your question ;-) . And when I was more often on Powerdivx I saw that I'm not of much use there ;-) . It's (or was?) more a place for developers and Powerdivx player testers...
.... well, Blacksun and myself are very happy to have a great moderator/betatester team at PowerDivX.com and as things get a bit more busy in my job now ( I am a worlwide active salesmen for measurement and gauging systems BTW ) i couldnt get it all done without their help.
Of course your right, we're not a typical video/audio encoding site ( wouldnt make sense, would you agree  ? ), we are concentrating on the player itself, the new formats and all playback related issues like DirectShow etc. , but of course there would be a lot for you to do if you're interested  .... but i heard you're taking a short time out ?
In fact i am quite happy ( and proud ) that a few of our mods like Neo Neko, Acaila and of course MaTTer are mods at Doom9 also. Teegedeck is looking after the XviD freaks from time to time ( but spending more time at Doom9 of course), S_O is doing an excellent job together with LigH in the German section .... and of course everwicked is helping me running and administrating the board if it was hacked again ( if he doesnt write new Guides for his own site  ) .... so feel welcome as a guest if you come by from time to time, no work there for you  !!
But since Ultimate Board closed maybe I'll be more often on Powerdivx (if it's not hacked).
.... again, you're more than welcome !!

doom9?

Reply #20
Forelle (muss ja nicht immer Hi sein  )!

Well, only from moderating. Altough, I'm only on the net when I have other buisness there, right now. Kinda, multitasking, you know...

Thanks for your nice reply, and I promise to take a look on Powerdivx and post if I think I have something to say.

We should not convert this into a chat... Let's stop it here or the blokes here will think: "Jeeez!"  .

Cheers,

Mijo.

but i heard you're taking a short time out ?