Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is it possible to make an unrecordable sound? (Read 17270 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible to make an unrecordable sound?

Reply #25
The paranoia seems the thing to worry about, my father became like that when he was around 82.

This is an important comment. In my case, the voices were a symptom (an outer "butterfly effect") of a deeper paranoid belief system. All of that dissolved with medications. I can scarcely believe I thought that way.

I was there, deeply there, so I can recognize what OP is doing: seeking confirmation of the voices. IOW, "I know they're real, and I hope others can hear it too." Given the power of core beliefs, our reactions are not likely enough to counter the beliefs.

I hope my confession helps. I want it to be more than a gentle nudge: Get help now. Just humor me. Just rule out some theories.

I don't like talking about my problems on the internet. There are a lot of risks. A lot of people aren't sympathetic to mental illness, even if it's biochemically induced, largely out of fear. But I'd never forgive myself if I didn't try.

If my story isn't enough (and I avoided it so that it wouldn't dilute my story), by coincidence my brother-in-law suffered from the onset of paranoid schizophrenia. He killed himself before I could try to help him. I knew something was wrong, but he hung himself before I could react.

I hope the OP will reply, so that we can talk.

That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Reply #26
Sorry I haven't replied sooner.  I'm in hospital, drugged up and tired.  Thanks to everyone who replied and everyone who listened to the recordings for me.  That was very kind.

I do have incredible tinnitus I got after trying to listen via headphones for voices in the recordings with volume at 100%.  That was over a year ago.

I'm very tired from the drugs they gave me so I can't be more in depth in explaining my situation and thanking you.

Will reply when I feel more awake.

Thanks again, really appreciate it.  PS Glad the people who experienced problems got better and those who haven't yet, hope they do soon.

Reply #27
Thank you for your response. Glad to hear that you found help. Wishing you well...
The most important audio cables are the ones in the brain

Reply #28
Sorry I haven't replied sooner.  I'm in hospital, drugged up and tired.  Thanks to everyone who replied and everyone who listened to the recordings for me.  That was very kind.

I do have incredible tinnitus I got after trying to listen via headphones for voices in the recordings with volume at 100%.  That was over a year ago.

I'm very tired from the drugs they gave me so I can't be more in depth in explaining my situation and thanking you.

Will reply when I feel more awake.

Thanks again, really appreciate it.  PS Glad the people who experienced problems got better and those who haven't yet, hope they do soon.

Get yer lumps felt, get better, get back to being happy and loving the music.

Then come back on here, post an ill-advised question about unmeasurable sound quality and when the first 20 responses are really rude and abrupt, you'll know the world is alright again. 

Seriously, keep us updated on progress.

Reply #29
As someone who has been formally diagnosed as Schizophrenic by more than one psychiatrist, I can tell you that auditory hallucinations are fairly common and present themselves just exactly as you described.  Such symptoms are insidious because part of the brain is messing up while the other parts are working just fine.  So it's very illusive.  I personally think you are hallucinating.  But both fortunately and unfortunately, the treatment to get rid of these annoyances is antipsychotic medication available from psychiatrists.  I say fortunate because it usually eliminates hallucinations or at least reduces them.  But it's also unfortunate because those medications tend to have very harsh side effects.  The best compromise is to try to get on what's called the "lowest effective dose".  This is the smallest dose available that still is effective in treating the illness.  Lower is better because it reduces the nasty side effects, but only as long as the lower dose treats the hallucinations and/or delusions and makes life better for the patient. 

Try not to get caught up in some of the internet hype about electronic harrassment and such.  While it may exist in some rare situations, usually it ends up being patient mental health problems which are luckily treatable.  The internet is useful but also leads people astray. 

Peace be with you.  And good luck getting a good treatment that works for you.  Here's some site's that might be helpful: 

http://dailystrength.org (there are forums within for schizophrenia, bipolar, paranoia, etc) depressed or bipolar people sometimes have hallucinations too. 
http://crazyboards.org (forums and chatroom all about mental health support) good site although some of the moderators are overzealous about their own opinions
Be a false negative of yourself!

Reply #30
Is it possible for someone to channel sound through my computer and freezer as if using the electrical hardware as a speaker?

Yes if your freezer is part of a smart device.  If that was the case, you would have to be able to record what ever.  The science of making a basic recording is so simple and primitive there is no possible way for your ears to pick up something that a recorder can't.