Thanks for the update. Testing.
I've posted a link to this thread in Doom9 thread.
If File Source filter with high enough precedence were also provided, it might have been possible by directshow players to automatically handle correction files, but I'm not sure.
It's not so nice that these filters are incompatible with LAVFilters or something (using different media subtype, etc), therefore cannot be used to decode wavpack in other container formats such as matroska.
That's actually how it's supposed to work now, and it works fine for me with MPC and WMP. Are you not seeing that?
Yes, this is an issue. It turns out that the LAV filters and the CoreCodec filters use the same GUIDs, but have different formats (CoreCodec strips the WavPack headers like in Matroska and the LAV filters do not). Christophe Paris and I have been talking a little about this and have some ideas. For now I make sure that the decoder will not hook up to the LAV splitter (it sort of worked before, but only by coincidence), but I may be able to put in a simple hack to make it work correctly with the LAV splitter.
I have added the ability to the decoder to detect and decode streams with full headers (like those provided by the LAV splitter, which I used for testing) and have updated the installers at the beginning of this thread.
I have now released this officially on the WavPack downloads page
it doesn't play mono [1 channel] files with Media Player Classic 1.6.8