Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uftS (Read 84547 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uftS

Reply #50
is there any way you can make the display strings configurable?

i think this'd be a great thing

foo_uftS

Reply #51
Thanks for adding unicode support! So far, I find this plug-in to be the most useful of all plug-ins.
A small issue though. If I delete the folder that has the buttons in it, the bottons now display as numbers, semi-colon, and other stuff. This is only when I have windows blinds enabled though. When I unload windows blinds and go back to the defaul windows classic theme provided with XP, the buttons show the right symbols. What could be the issue here?

Thanks!

Version 1.04 uses the Webdings symbol font to display the button "images".  For some reason, it isn't working on your computer, so you getting the default font, which displays the text as numbers.  I'll add a check and replace the numbers with the original text if there is a problem loading Webdings.

foo_uftS

Reply #52
Thanks for adding unicode support! So far, I find this plug-in to be the most useful of all plug-ins.
A small issue though. If I delete the folder that has the buttons in it, the bottons now display as numbers, semi-colon, and other stuff. This is only when I have windows blinds enabled though. When I unload windows blinds and go back to the defaul windows classic theme provided with XP, the buttons show the right symbols. What could be the issue here?

I guess this problem doesn't REALLY have to be addressed, since I can fix it simply by using images as buttons. I just thought you might be interested....

EDIT: I found another little glitch. On the title line (i.e. the line of text above the file name and directory), when it should say, for example, "Funkmaster Flex - Ludacris & Infamous 20 - Block Lockdown" (that is what it says on the title bar as well as in the playlist screen in foobar main window), the title line says "Funkmaster Flex - Ludacris _Infamous 20 - Block Lockdown".

the themes change the font of the command buttons when repainting them, so it displays the symbols in other (Tahoma or MS Sans Serif ) instead of the Webdings font where numbers are glyphs.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

foo_uftS

Reply #53
yeah ... just wanted to say that this version doesn't work with win9x versions, like you expected.  any hope of doing dual ansi/unicode compiles?  thanks for a great ui though (and i'm thoroughly enjoying one of the older ansi compiles   )

Yep.  This version was mostly a trial to test Unicode support.  I'll add a non-Unicode build to the next version.

foo_uftS

Reply #54
@ Aero.

You cannot change this behaviour because the buttons are painted correctly, WindowBlinds intercepts the captions and paints them using the theme, without using the specified font
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

foo_uftS

Reply #55
@ Aero.

You cannot change this behaviour because the buttons are painted correctly, WindowBlinds intercepts the captions and paints them using the theme, without using the specified font

Ah...thanks for the help.  I guess if you are using WindowBlinds, you'll just have to use bitmaps then.

foo_uftS

Reply #56
Have you thought about making the font and text customizable?  That would allow you people use "|>" et al, if they don't have the WingDings font (or they have WindowBlinds being stupid).

foo_uftS

Reply #57
Have you thought about making the font and text customizable?  That would allow you people use "|>" et al, if they don't have the WingDings font (or they have WindowBlinds being stupid).

Not until I heard about this WindowBlinds sillyness.  Once I have a Foobar compatable configuration window, it wouldn't be hard to make it part of customizable buttons support.  Until then, since anyone can apply their own graphics to the buttons, I'm not too concerned about it.  Few people use WindowBlinds and most, if not all, have the Webdings font or could get it if needed.

foo_uftS

Reply #58

Not until I heard about this WindowBlinds sillyness.  Once I have a Foobar compatable configuration window, it wouldn't be hard to make it part of customizable buttons support.  Until then, since anyone can apply their own graphics to the buttons, I'm not too concerned about it.  Few people use WindowBlinds and most, if not all, have the Webdings font or could get it if needed.

Webdings has been included with Windows since Windows 95 OSR2.

foo_uftS

Reply #59
... but it still can be removed

foo_uftS

Reply #60
What, you actually remove fonts? I thought most people accumulated them.

foo_uftS

Reply #61
Version 1.1 is now available.

1.1 adds several significant features:

* Separate Unicode and ANSI builds.  The Unicode version is for Windows NT/2000/XP, and the ANSI version should run on 95/98/ME.  The component automatically detects your OS version, so it is ok to put both copies of the DLL in your Foobar directory.  Note that I don't have a Windows 95/98/ME system to test on, so I would appreciate comments on this build with these operating systems.

* The text string formats are now editable, in Foobar Preferences->Components->foo_uftS.  These use the same format spec as Foobar.  If you mess up the strings, there is a Restore Defaults button.

* Also in the prefs, there is a "Hardcore Foobar User Mode", which duplicates Foobar's button layout (including the random button), and disables random on next button, when shuffle is enabled.

* Always On Top support is in both the preferences and as a keyboard shortcut.

foo_uftS

Reply #62
Version 1.11 has been posted.

Just a single change - added a "Exit Foobar when closing foo_uftS" preference item.  When enabled, closing the foo_uftS window (X button, Alt-F4, or the Close menu item) will also cause Foobar to exit.

foo_uftS

Reply #63
What, you actually remove fonts? I thought most people accumulated them.

No I don't remove fonts, but they still are removable and some people really might remove fonts they don't like/need.

foo_uftS

Reply #64
Version 1.11 has been posted.

Just a single change - added a "Exit Foobar when closing foo_uftS" preference item.  When enabled, closing the foo_uftS window (X button, Alt-F4, or the Close menu item) will also cause Foobar to exit.

couple of bugs ive found so far:

#1: the preferences dialog does not display properly.... the text boxes are hidden until i mouseover them

EDIT: This seems to be a weird specific bug related to the theme i am using in windows xp.

#2: the display strings aren't saved.

other than that it works fine.

foo_uftS

Reply #65
Looks good. 

(space's bugs aren't affecting me, btw.)

foo_uftS

Reply #66
nice works

foo_uftS

Reply #67
the ansi version works just fine on my win9x version so far ... just to let you know.

wait, i append that statement.  i have the same problem of the format strings not saving.  they do change in the actual uftS window, and remain changed there, but if you reopen the preferences the string that is shown there is the default string ... even though it doesn't show that way in the window.  hope i'm not being too convoluted ... basically the string shown in the preferences is always the default, even if your prior changes are still in effect in the actual utfS window.

i'm unfortunately using winME by the way ... so it might be an ANSI build specific problem.  let me know if you need more details.

otherwise, great job (still could be resizable/smaller, but i usually have it hidden and just bring it up to seek or the like ... or i could also get off my lazy ass and start coding instead of complaining  )

foo_uftS

Reply #68
same config bug here on xp w/unicode build, so its not ANSI specific..

edit: i mean that when you go back to the config page, the edit boxes have been restored to default values,i don't mean space's bug #1.

foo_uftS

Reply #69
Great job Aero!  Working like a charm.

Would it be possible to add a mode where 'Always on Top' only applies to the main Foobar window and not to any other open windows?  Normally I want foo_utfs under all the windows *except* for foobar, where I always want it to be on top.

Thanks
Master of Fate. By Fate Mastered

foo_uftS

Reply #70
Great job Aero!  Working like a charm.

Would it be possible to add a mode where 'Always on Top' only applies to the main Foobar window and not to any other open windows?  Normally I want foo_utfs under all the windows *except* for foobar, where I always want it to be on top.

Thanks

I don't think it's possible to do that and still be able to select the foobar window.  But if there is a way, I'd like for someone to let me know. 

foo_uftS

Reply #71
the ansi version works just fine on my win9x version so far ... just to let you know.

wait, i append that statement.  i have the same problem of the format strings not saving.  they do change in the actual uftS window, and remain changed there, but if you reopen the preferences the string that is shown there is the default string ... even though it doesn't show that way in the window.  hope i'm not being too convoluted ... basically the string shown in the preferences is always the default, even if your prior changes are still in effect in the actual utfS window.

i'm unfortunately using winME by the way ... so it might be an ANSI build specific problem.  let me know if you need more details.

otherwise, great job (still could be resizable/smaller, but i usually have it hidden and just bring it up to seek or the like ... or i could also get off my lazy ass and start coding instead of complaining   )

No, it's happening to me on Unicode/XP. Basically even after one customizes the strings.. they will be reset if the user clicks the foo_uftS plugin link in the Components menu.

Hopefully this clears things up.

voltron

foo_uftS

Reply #72
I just posted Version 1.12 which fixes the format string preference problem.  I could have sworn that it worked last night, but due to a silly programming error, it didn't... 

foo_uftS

Reply #73
Maybe my computer is just super-special, because the string formatting has been working for me just fine.  :\

P.S.  How are you getting notified when shuffle changes?

foo_uftS

Reply #74
Maybe my computer is just super-special, because the string formatting has been working for me just fine.  :\

P.S.  How are you getting notified when shuffle changes?

You might have grabbed 1.12 inadvertently. All filenames are identical.