Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How about a streaming audio forum? (Read 3295 times) previous topic - next topic

How about a streaming audio forum?

I know that Hydrogen Audio is dedicated mostly to high quality audio, but it would be really neat if there was a forum for streaming audio related discussions. I run the Internet broadcast for a college radio station and it would be neat to see what everyone's streaming audio setup is. Not to mention the ability to find out answers to questions or to ask questions would be pretty neat. Since Windows Media and RealAudio are both used heavily in streaming media, there is no other suitable place to discuss this topic on Hydrogen Audio.
iTunes 10 - Mac OS X 10.6
256kbps AAC VBR
iPhone 4 32GB

Reply #1
Since Windows Media and RealAudio are both used heavily in streaming media, there is no other suitable place to discuss this topic on Hydrogen Audio.

Well, some streaming formats (MP3, Vorbis and, hopefully, soon AAC) can be discussed in their respective forums.

I believe that what's really in need here is a "Other Formats" forum. There, people could discuss WMA, RA, Speex and (god forbid) VQF.

Reply #2
Well, some streaming formats (MP3, Vorbis and, hopefully, soon AAC) can be discussed in their respective forums.

What's wrong with the open source MPEG4IP solution?    Or with EnvivioTV and QuickTime 6?

I believe that what's really in need here is a "Other Formats" forum. There, people could discuss WMA, RA, Speex and (god forbid) VQF.

Best proposal in this never ending story yet... except for including VQF of course... 
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ - "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg..."
INDIGO ROCKS - "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel."

Reply #3
What's wrong with the open source MPEG4IP solution?    Or with EnvivioTV and QuickTime 6?

Well, I was mentioning widely used streaming formats.
(Of course, I would really love to see AAC widely used)

Best proposal in this never ending story yet... except for including VQF of course...  :P

Hehe. Thanks.

Reply #4
aac+sbr will very soon be widely used, for streaming, and it will be free  =)
stay tuned chillins, more newz shortly (before summer hopefully)

Reply #5
aac+sbr will very soon be widely used, for streaming, and it will be free  =)
stay tuned chillins, more newz shortly (before summer hopefully)

"it will be free" - really? Free of charge? You mean only for streaming? Just asking... wanna know...