Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Possibly the final version of OGGDROP?? (Read 10025 times) previous topic - next topic

Possibly the final version of OGGDROP??

Reply #25
Fantastic!

I feel almost ashamed, knowing that john33, rjamorim and his girlfriend are getting fed up with this, to make yet another suggestion (or two).

When the user changes nom bitrate the program should modify the min/max values if needed.

I still like the idea of double-clicking the main window for options

The text in the main window should probably resemble better, what mode is currently used. People might get confused if it just says: "Bitrate: 217.0 kbit/s" and they get an 212kbit/s file. Maybe just say "target bitrate". (As I've read that even in pseudo cbr mode bitrate may vary. (See the "Serious problem with Oggenc" thread.)

Admitted: these are more or less cosmetic fixes, but the goal after all was to make a user friendly interface, so every newbie could use it without having to scratch his head. But hey! Take a break (and give rjamorim's girlfriend a rest  ); these issues are not serious. Your work is very much appreciated.

PS: rjamorim, please do keep posting updates! Thanks for hosting those files!

Reply #26
For those who didn't understand yet the girlfriend thing.

I'm at the beach with my girlfriend, in her house, using HER laptop to connect every 30 mins to Mayhem and to my mail account to grab the updates.

Then, I have to upload the files to my server, edit index.html with vi, since it's an SSH connection and I can't use emacs... 33kbps connection...
Now you get why she gets annoyed.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll be back to my hometown (classes start on monday). There, I'll be at my own house, using my own computer, and with my own ADSL connection.

Thanks a lot for supporting me. It makes worth the job of keeping everything as up-to-date as possible in my page. 

Roberto.

Btw: since you asked, the files are already there. Hope tangent doesn't get mad at me because I posted this report.

Reply #27
Oh come on, you know I'm not mad. You know I was only kidding right? You did see my smiley right? Please come give the cute teddy bear a hug?

Reply #28

Heh.

Ok, people, see you tomorrow.
Goin' back home... <sigh>

Reply #29
BTW, I'd never expect to surpass Dibrom's number of posts.

(How many has he already posted? 700?) :eek:

Reply #30
Originally posted by rjamorim
Sorry, I won't report anything anymore.

-@$$hole(s)-

Bye.

Aw shucks. He was kidding

Personally I always find that your and John33's "update" posts makes me smile (besides the fact that the updates are welcomed). You're like the efficient Hardy and Laurel

"That's another fine mess you've gotten me into"

Reply #31
nice! Never mind the tagging stuff - I just don't find any good tagging options - didn't work with eac, and cdex uses localtime as date (I just want the year of production)

Little cosmetic bug: when selecting ABR/CBR, slider isn't grayed out -> result: when sliding, the option reverts to VBR but the other boxes stay active (as 'not grayed out')

-ephemeros

PS  So, is Win2k (semi-)transparency difficult to implement :ponder:

Reply #32
More cosmetic improvements made, plus correction of one small bug introduced.

Give 'focus' to the slider and the bitrate boxes are disabled. Thanks, ephemeros, I had missed that. In ABR mode, Max bitrate is allowed to be 0 (zero) for defaults to apply, otherwise it is not allowed to be lower than Nom bitrate. In Quality mode, Quality value and Nominal bitrate equivalent are white background, non- editable boxes. In ABR/CBR modes these boxes are disabled (greyed).

I think that's all the rules covered, and the current mode and it's options should be clearer. I had a quick look at enabling left button double-click, but it didn't seem to want to play! I might take another look, but I don't think it's exactly critical!

Files have been uploaded to Roberto, but won't be available until some time later today (Sunday) when he has returned home.

I really think that's about it for the moment, but i've thought that before!!

john33;)

Reply #33
I won't report the new files are already available, no matter how much you try to make me say that!

Reply #34
Hey Roberto, you know your site is down?

Reply #35
It's back up again now!

john33

Reply #36
Blame the damn Sysadmin.

Sorry, but it happens. It's not hosted in a data center, you know. It's a damn hhtp server in an university.