Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sennheiser related earphone (Read 3904 times) previous topic - next topic

Sennheiser related earphone

Besides MX400, it appears that there are also other kinds of model that is way more expensive than it, just to name a few:

- MX550
- MX660
- CX400

Just wanna know is:
1. MX660 sounds way better than MX400 and MX550? The price between those 3 is relatively huge. MX660 is the most expensive than the other.
2. Will CX400 earbud fit comfortably in my ear. I had tried A4Tech earbud before and I need to fit it DEEP inside my eardrum just to hear the real sound.

I also heard that a long exposure to earbud type earphone will decrease your hearing ability. So I think MX660 is a better choice for me than MX400?

Reply #1
I also heard that a long exposure to earbud type earphone will decrease your hearing ability. So I think MX660 is a better choice for me than MX400?

There are two kind of earphones:
a) the usual kind of earphones that sit on your outer ear. They touch your ear canal only at the outer edge. The MX400 belongs to this group.
b) ear canal phones which reach into your ear canal. The CX400 belongs to this group.

Ear canal phones are more prone to be unpleasant to wear though everything depends on you/your ears/your feelings. Moreover you have to clean an ear canal phone from ear wax from time to time. I personally don't like to use ear canal phones for these reasons. I'd expect from Sennheiser ear canal phones however that the potential unpleasant way to wear them is a bit less significant than with other canal phones (personal experience with Sennheiser CX300 and Ultimate ears Super.fi 5 pro). Maybe just my personal feeling however.
lame3995o -Q1.7 --lowpass 17

Reply #2
I have a pair of CX400's and I actually find them quite comfortable. Plus they cut out quite a lot of outside noise so they're good for bus journeys and the like.

Sound quality is excellent too.
Dan

Reply #3
I've got Sennheiser CX-500, from an Amazon 3rd party retailer. Interesting review is here by an Amazon customer -here-...  He's reporting about fakes and I need to check if I have some. Especially this is exactly my problem:
the fakes will produce a very loud thump (and any swift cord movement can be heard and will be very distracting with lots of movement like cardio exercising). On the real pair of headphones, I can hear the thump in total silence, but while listening to music and working out, it is barely audible if at all.
I thought this was due to the "closing" of the ear, you something like "hear yourself", the same feeling, as if you've got water in your ear.
Currently I'm not too convinced because a) not convincing bass and b) sound muddy on complex orchestral passages (I listen to classical only). My $20 speakers on the desk convince me more. But the Senns may really be fakes.

EDIT: How to spot a fake Sennheiser CX500?