Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: noisy buzz at speakers (Read 3717 times) previous topic - next topic

noisy buzz at speakers

Hey everyone!

I tried to google the subject but it won't help.
Well, i'm trying to find a solution to get ride of this noisy buzz sound when my pc is switched off having the stabilizer on. 

Besides, when I plug my sound isolating in-earphones on the onboard sound card "OUT" it keeps the noise, which varies according to the CPU usage!!! 

Thanks for any help!

noisy buzz at speakers

Reply #1
I'm having a hard time understanding your post:

A) What do you mean with stabilizer, you mean AC line stabilizer?

B) Do you say that you only hear the buzz, following this exact path:
PC being on, Stabilizer being on. Switch off pc,  swith on pc, listen. Does it happen already at the point of switching the pc off?

C) It is strange that you say that the noise varies with the CPU usage. Usually it does so with mouse/Hard drive usage, but not CPU usage. Anyway, is this noise really the same than the former?

From what i could guess from the post: You could have a grounding problem.  This happens when different electronics are connected to a power socket but the phase isn't the same.  The usual solution is connect a cable from the ground of one, to the ground of the other. Since i don't have ground line in my power sockets, i ground from a screw of my PC to a ground connector of my integrated amp. (This is especially important with a turntable, as most vinyl enthusiasts would know).

I can't give a better answer with your information.

noisy buzz at speakers

Reply #2
Well, i'm trying to find a solution to get ride of this noisy buzz sound when my pc is switched off having the stabilizer on.

Besides, when I plug my sound isolating in-earphones on the onboard sound card "OUT" it keeps the noise, which varies according to the CPU usage!!!

Ok you tell us it varies according CPU usage but then in the line above you tell us that it happens when the computer is off. Can you understand why someone might find it a bit hard to understand exactly what you're asking.

noisy buzz at speakers

Reply #3
Ok let me assume it's two seperate problems. One that occurs when the computer is off and which seems to be some kind of interference that your powered speakers are picking up. Then another problem where your sound card produces noise related to CPU useage, but unrelated to the other noise problem of your powered speakers (since you hear this problem even with earphones).

Let's address the second issue first. Unfortunately what you describe is indeed a common problem with some cheap (especially onboard) "soundcards". Could you test the following and tell me to what extent it helps. Could you turn the actual volume knob on the speakers down to a minimum and then go through all of your software mixer settings and volume controls (presumeabley in Windows) and turn them all to 100% maximum. Make sure you do everything, the main volume slider, the wave volume slider in the windows mixer as well as any volume sliders in your player software. Now adjust the volume on your speakers to get the desired listening volume and let me know how much this improves the situation.

noisy buzz at speakers

Reply #4
I don't understand clearly your post, but I had some cpu noises while my laptop was plugged.
You can read here the solutions some HA members gave me.
Hope it can be useful.

noisy buzz at speakers

Reply #5
Use another sound card.
Most of onboard sound cards have noise problem with HDD.