Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.5 public test (Read 6584 times) previous topic - next topic

0.5 public test

binaries: http://foobar2000.hydrogenaudio.org/0.5_beta29.zip
SDK: http://foobar2000.hydrogenaudio.org/0.5_SDK.zip
this is a test version and may be unstable, 0.43 is still recommended for regular use.
please report ONLY critical bugs in this thread, any useless posts / questions / feature requests will be deleted.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

0.5 public test

Reply #1
The components menu text & player buttons do not show up when I start-up foobar if I have transparency set to any amount except 0% -- I need to run my cursor over them to make them appear.
system: windows 2000 pro / nvidia geforce2 mx 400

0.5 public test

Reply #2
Ok i found ...
(edited) 3rd plugin - Have been compiled with new sdk ......

major Issue is Cpu consuming with this Build 28
- 0-20 big amplitude and rapid variation with kernel selection - Issue with this build
- 0-11 with direct sound selected
- 0-8 waveout

I get the Build 25 before and try it from 2 days ago and don't noticed this issue ...
Cpu with kernel is 0-10 no large & rapid amplitude ..

curious isn'it .. i try
with different codec
with build 25 (no problem) et build 28 (issue)
changing kernel/direct stream and waveout

Oh sorry
Dsp loaded - vol control & simple surr... in both cases
CPU Intel 2G5 512M Win xp pro .. Sound Audigy I

I Just test with new build 29 but see no diff ..
Newbie for ever ....

0.5 public test

Reply #3
1. The "Status bar" and "Window title" title formatting areas do not update until FB2K is restarted, rather than when apply is clicked.

2. Weird sound production bug in seeking. (Plays a short duration high-pitched shriek, and other distortion)

Reproduction steps:  Play a file. Let it play for a while through, but before it's ended, double-click on another file in the playlist. Seek forward. The noise occurs during/immediately after the seek. Occurs only when equalizer is enabled.

This issue isn't easily reproduced, either.  It's intermittent for me.

0.5 public test

Reply #4
When seeking around in .mod type files, tempo changes (and assumedly other effects that have lasting effect on the song) in the part of the song bypassed are not accounted for.  This is perhaps not a critical bug, but it can be annoying.

stripe

0.5 public test

Reply #5
2. Weird sound production bug in seeking. (Plays a short duration high-pitched shriek, and other distortion)

Reproduction steps:  Play a file. Let it play for a while through, but before it's ended, double-click on another file in the playlist. Seek forward. The noise occurs during/immediately after the seek. Occurs only when equalizer is enabled.

This issue isn't easily reproduced, either.  It's intermittent for me.

I have the same problem with version 0.43, but with no need to seek forward. Preamp is also enabled, -6 dB. It's like if the equalizer became unstable & oscillating with huge trancients sometimes, or static noise others. I use KS for output.
PS : I just tried setting the buffer to 2000 ms instead of 500 ms I used. The broblem still occur when I change the song being played, or when I seek. It's quite irritating.

0.5 public test

Reply #6
beta29 @ winXP

Foobar has no system tray icons.

Changes at "Foobar2000/Preferences/Cores/System Tray Icon" fail.  Beta28 doesn't have this problem.

0.5 public test

Reply #7
I think I've found a bug in FB2k-0.5, I've got a resampling soundcard and normally I can't use Kernel Streaming without using the resmpler but in FB2k-0.5 I can,  so I don't know if Foobar checks the supported samplerates and is using KS and resampling or using directsound and Kmixer.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."