Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Flac Files. Corrupt Drive. (Read 4768 times) previous topic - next topic

Flac Files. Corrupt Drive.

My external drive is corrupt and has a vast amount of flac and shn files on it.  I have data rescue II but i do not believe it recovers these types of files. Could someone help me out to recover these files.

Thank you
Mike

Reply #1
My external drive is corrupt and has a vast amount of flac and shn files on it.  I have data rescue II but i do not believe it recovers these types of files. Could someone help me out to recover these files.

Thank you
Mike

I had an internal drive fail last year and used GetDataBack for NTFS. It didn't recover _all_ the files but very close to it. The files that died were all small - 50 to 100 Kbyte. The larger files were almost completely recovered. It was slow - 6 hours to scan 300 gigs and another 6 hours to copy but all the .wav and .jpg pictures of the kids were recovered. GetDataBack completely recovered the directory structures and many different kinds of files. As far as the computer is concerned, a file is a file - a series of bytes. How they are interpreted is up to the software. There is also a version for FAT 32. Highly recommended at $80.

Reply #2

Thank you
Mike

I had an internal drive fail last year and used GetDataBack for NTFS. It didn't recover _all_ the files but very close to it. The files that died were all small - 50 to 100 Kbyte. The larger files were almost completely recovered. It was slow - 6 hours to scan 300 gigs and another 6 hours to copy but all the .wav and .jpg pictures of the kids were recovered. GetDataBack completely recovered the directory structures and many different kinds of files. As far as the computer is concerned, a file is a file - a series of bytes. How they are interpreted is up to the software. There is also a version for FAT 32. Highly recommended at $80.

it is working. just taking very long.

Reply #3
Also I'd recommend trying R-Undelete/R-Studio and something I think is called Active Undelete. I have experienced very different results using different software. It usually depends on the type of failure I guess.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #4
Also I'd recommend trying R-Undelete/R-Studio and something I think is called Active Undelete. I have experienced very different results using different software. It usually depends on the type of failure I guess.

thanks for the suggestion but I got everything back with getdataback.

Reply #5
Glad you found a solution.  For those in a similar situation, I've had good luck with Active File Recovery.