Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Newbie][Convolver] 5.1 BassManagement (Read 3503 times) previous topic - next topic

[Newbie][Convolver] 5.1 BassManagement

Hi world ! 

Here is my problem :

I've just bought a sound card for my HTPC ( ESI 192 ), the goal was to bypass pre-amplifier of my "cheap" Integrated A/V amplifier ( Marantz SR 5400 ) and to allow Reclock to resample sound for better matching VBL frequency ( my HTPC work at 48Hz, DVI-D connection, but I've PAL DVD, so 25fps ... bad ... )

Now, this works great ! ... I use Sonic to decode AC3/DTS audio tracks, Reclock resample and the sound card send it directly to 6.1 direct input of my amplifier, the sound is great !!! 

But ... for the moment, I only have 2 good speakers ( a pair of Jamo D590 ) and 3 bad speakers ( 3 BOSE Acoustimas 15 modules without subwoofer ).
In the past, my A/V pre-amplifier does the bass management ( it take bass frequency from C, SL & SR, and put them in my subwoofer ) ... but now the pre-amplifier is bypass, so all frequency are sent to this rotten BOSE modules, with to much power, they will explode ! ( that could be a great idea if I've the money to change them, but it's not the case yet ...    )

What I want, is to take freq less than about 100Hz from the C speaker and send them to FL+FR.
And take <100Hz from SR/SL and inject into LFE.

So I've search a little on the WWW, and I discover Convolver ... I think this is probably the ultimate tool for all needs.
( convolver.sourceforge.net )

But it's a little bit complex !!! ... I've several knowledge in vidéo processing ( patching/coding some parts of FFDShow ) ... I think I'm not too stupid, but ... 

Does anybody can help me, or at least send me to a detailed tutorial ( I've read Convolver WWW, but it's too short ! )

Thanks for your help !

Seb.