Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multisessioned DVD-R Issue (Read 2590 times) previous topic - next topic

Multisessioned DVD-R Issue

In a deep trouble I am ...

Backed up some of my assorted data (always valuable, aren't they?) in a DVD-R using Nero 6 some time back and left it open. Till then every thing was fine.

Recently another volume of data was needed to be backed up, and accordingly asked Nero to close the said disc after writing the 2nd session.

Nero reported that, given data has been added successfully. After a while, I intended to check and verify the added content. What I found that, no data can be read from the disc. When I explored the disc with the help of Nero "Disc Info" utility, it showed up the two sessions clearly indicating volume sizes etc. Otherwise the data are completely invisible by all means, to the best of my basic knowledge.

Now the worst part is, I do not have the written data in my HDD, as I erased them permanently as soon as writing was over (like an idiot).

Is there any way, I can retrive my data from the said DVD? I think it is there, but I can't see them.

PLEASE HELP ME

Reply #1
IsoBuster will allow you to extract data from the first session. I've used it on many occasions to do the same thing and it worked perfectly.

Reply #2
I don't know how would I express my heartiest thanks to you. You've just solved my problem. By following your suggestion, I've managed to extract all data of 1st session.

Reply #3
It would be nice to know what went wrong here so that others could avoid the same mistake.

Reply #4
-------------------

Reply #5
It would be nice to know what went wrong here so that others could avoid the same mistake.

I don't know what actually went wrong with Nero!

I have been backing up my data using Nero6 Ultar edition on DVD-R in multisessions since quite a long. That incident never happened to me before.

An expert on this subject may throw some light on it, so that others may take appropriate precautions before going for a multisession DVD-R.