Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help needed to find distortion introduced due to filtering (Read 3113 times) previous topic - next topic

Help needed to find distortion introduced due to filtering

Problem Description:

I am splitting an input audio file(wav format) into 32 subbands using a QMF Analysis  filter bank and again reconstructing it using QMF synthesis filter bank. I want to find how the number of  filter co-efficients effect this process. To do this i have built matlab/simulink models with number of filter co-efficients being 20,40,20,80,100. I have passed a wav file through these and also have stored the output wav files.

I want know what is the metric that can be used to measure the distortion introduced due to this filetring. I am looking specifically for an objective value that can quantify the distortion

would be greatfull for all the help

Help needed to find distortion introduced due to filtering

Reply #1
First, maybe the question is posted to the wrong forum. You could expect more help from Scientific/R&D Discussion.

Anyway, it's hard to mesaure the distorsion of a system using plain music audio as the input. THD (total harmonic distortion) is used to express linearity of a system. Ideally, it should be 0 (linear system). But in the real world, it's imposible to achieve. But in your case, this cannot be used because it is measured at specific frequency (usually 1KHz) with the pure sine input.
If age or weaknes doe prohibyte bloudletting you must use boxing