Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Copying parts of one tag field into another (Read 1225 times) previous topic - next topic

Copying parts of one tag field into another

I have tagged my collection using Mp3tag and the AMG import script.  The problem is that 90%+ of the albums fall under the Rock genre (effectively making the genre classification practically useless).  I would like to have a more specific genre, such as what AMG labels Style. 

For example the AMG script tags "The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Ska-Core, The Devil & More" album with "GENRE = Rock" and "STYLE = Alternative Pop/Rock, Ska Revival, Third Wave Ska Revival, Ska-Punk".

What I would like to do is scan the style tag of all the files and where it finds "Ska-Punk" copy that into the genre tag. 

Any suggestions on how this could be done?