Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 5.1 Problem (Read 3871 times) previous topic - next topic

5.1 Problem

Hello i use the Latest Version of foobar and if i move the track-position controller the sound of my rear boxes are off. i must click one or two times on the controller to activate them again. What can i do

5.1 Problem

Reply #1
have you tried foo_channel_mixer or any other stereo -> 5.1 mixer?

5.1 Problem

Reply #2
the only think i have set up is gloval keys and
DSP Manager > Convert mono to stereo (if i have a mp3 with mono)
i cant add any 5.1 channel mixer there.

ok not i cant.... there is a 5.1 to stereo but this is the wrong way

5.1 Problem

Reply #3
the only think i have set up is gloval keys and
DSP Manager > Convert mono to stereo (if i have a mp3 with mono)
i cant add any 5.1 channel mixer there.

ok not i cant.... there is a 5.1 to stereo but this is the wrong way

search 3rd party plugins topics for "foo_channel_mixer" and try it pls... foobar afaik dont upmix stereo input to 5.1 output it has dsp plugins to do so. if you hear 5.1 output then there is something else what do the upmix (some software? soundcard drivers?... ) and not foobar itself.

5.1 Problem

Reply #4
ok i put the foo_channel_mixer dll into the components folder and under DSP
i activated channel mixer. But the old problem is still there. if i move or click the track position controller i lost my rear sound i click again and again and i have 5.1. have i forgot somethink?

5.1 Problem

Reply #5
Which sound card do you have and have you updated to the latest driver for your sound card.

5.1 Problem

Reply #6
i use a audigy 2 with the latest driver yes. And i say it again. 5.1 work PERFECT i hear it from all speakers. ONLY.. if i click on the position slider to jump to another position of a track, the problem apears and the rear speakers fall out, one click again and 5.1 works perfect

5.1 Problem

Reply #7
One of my friend has an Live 5.1 card (not the CA103 chip but the older better Emu10k1) has somewhat alike problem.

He has popping and cracking sound when seeking. I have tried everything like you even use it on my own computer but it still happens. In the end I guess it has something to do with the buffer on the card so I switch his output plugin to kernel streaming and all work fine. So you can try kernel streaming and/or ASIO output on your sound card and see what happens.

Later the card stopped working all together so I took a look at it. One capacitor's fallen out and another one has bursted lol. After fixing that the card returned to normal. You should check the card too I think.

5.1 Problem

Reply #8
hello, thx you  with k streaming my problems are gone
is it normal that foobar now uses around 7~8 % of CPU with k k streaming?

5.1 Problem

Reply #9
Normally I don't use it. But when I tested it IIRC its CPU usage is normal like DirectSound not as high as yours. Maybe others with the same card can give you more informations.

5.1 Problem

Reply #10
ok i test a bit and its not k straming. winamp_spam plugin is the matter of higher cpu usage. hm is there another way to become the player back to my
g 15 keyboard (lcd)

5.1 Problem

Reply #11
I guess you can find something on g15 kb here by using search (I have seen a thread about that lcd).