Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CDex 1.70 beta 1 released on sf.net (Read 21852 times) previous topic - next topic

CDex 1.70 beta 1 released on sf.net

Reply #25
Does CDex able to appropriately handle drives that cache audio data?

What drive in the last SIX years has a problem with jitter? 

There's a reason why the majority of people here use EAC and it isn't because it's exactly easy to use. 

spoon, when will your new ripper be comming out?

Reply #26
> new ripper be comming out?
OT: Weeks if not days - spaths cache tool landed just the right time to test our implementation, although ours detects 1 frame / sector more on the cache it makes no real difference (who is right?...).

Back onto topic, a badly damaged cd, even a accuratestream drive might not be able to resync to the same sector for re-ripping if the cd was damaged? it could be worth resyncing on an earlier good sector.

Reply #27
Hi,
are there any news regarding CDex development? I'd like to announce it in a Czech version of popular magazine Chip. But I want to wait for 1.70 final. Is there any estimation when it could be ready?

Beside Rjamorim's comments, what I think would be really useful is to downgrade the number of codecs in CDex. I think there should be LAME, Vorbis (AoTuV), Nero AAC and flac. Users should be able to add their own encoders, but I think that there is no use for Gogo, Yamaha VQF or outdated AAC codecs.

But users should be able to add their own encoders like Wavpack, Monkey's Audio, WMA Std/Pro etc.

Maybe you can start a poll regarding what encoders would people like to see in CDex. Also the encoder configuration should be as simple as possible. The default should be probably -V 2 for MP3 and -q5 for Vorbis. I don't use AAC so I have no idea what bitrates are people using.

Reply #28
Completely agree, i think that CDex must include:

* LAME 3.97b2: The best MP3 encoder.
* Ogg Vorbis (AoTuV): The best alternative/patent free encoder.
* Nero AAC: Free AAC/MP4 encoder.
* MusePack: latest version of a great encoder.
* FLAC: the most popular lossless encoder.
* WavPack: probably the second one.
* User defined: user definable, off course.

and drop everything else.

They may even include a "MAREO" preset if they wish

I even opened a request here: http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=3848137

Reply #29
The more I recall my confusion the first time I run CDex, the fewer codecs I want it to contain. As far as music goes, from kwanbis' list I would drop another one:

* MusePack

About Nero AAC, I think that, by its licence, it cannot be distributed with third-party programs.

About settings, I find that foobar2000 0.9.x is a model of simplicity.

Reply #30
CDex should point you to the URL to download the nero encoder.

Reply #32
Completely agree, i think that CDex must include:

* LAME 3.97b2: The best MP3 encoder.
* Ogg Vorbis (AoTuV): The best alternative/patent free encoder.
* Nero AAC: Free AAC/MP4 encoder.
* MusePack: latest version of a great encoder.
* FLAC: the most popular lossless encoder.
* WavPack: probably the second one.
* User defined: user definable, off course.

and drop everything else.

They may even include a "MAREO" preset if they wish

I even opened a request here: http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=3848137

kwanbis you have posted multiple times on these forums for the past 3 months, a new version with better cue sheet support with a few days! Have you given up on this project?
Glass half full!