Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC w/ ext. compressor prob (Read 2749 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC w/ ext. compressor prob

Ok, I've been using EAC for a long time with no probs, usually using external lame.exe to encode to mp3.  Just went to encode today and all of a sudden, EAC rips ok but when it sends it to lame, the lame window pops up quickly displaying the lame help info etc?  Any idea what would cause this?  Its not a big deal, I'm probably just gonna reinstall it but I'd like to know why this happened?
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Reply #1
Hi dreamliner,

maybe something with your additional commandline options under Compression options => External Compression is wrong (Lame is starting, but the parameters are incorrect).
The commandline should look like this:  "--alt-preset standard %s %d"    for example (without the quotation marks).

Hope this will help a little bit.

illdie4u

Reply #2
somehow my install of EAC got all messed up.  Reinstalled and all is good now.  weirdness.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'