Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp For Linux Released? (Read 3342 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp For Linux Released?

This is the first time ive stumbled across this, has anyone had a chance to play with this yet? Id like to hear some comments.

Winamp for Linux alpha

Reply #1
Yeah, that's so old.  The page it links to no longer exists  It was based on alpha 666 IIRC.  Rumor has it that a new version (based on post-3.0) might be out by the end of the year.  But if you want to give Alpha 1 a try:

- Winamp3 Alpha 1 for Linux (TAR)
- Winamp3 Alpha 1 for Linux (RPM)

Reply #2
yeah but try it at your own risk : very buggy !
see winamp's forum for more details of bugs
cheers
L'il Nemo
Cheers
Little Nemo

Reply #3
what's wrong with xmms?

it is the winamp of linux...

Reply #4
xmms is a winamp2 equivalent...
But it's fine for me.

Reply #5
What feature(s) from winamp3 do you want xmms to have?

The only thing I miss when I run linux is AVS running as a desktop background, and that is a winamp2 thing.

Reply #6
I really really miss the mp3cue plugin that lets you jump to the various tracks in a single (whole album) mp3 file. Does anyone know of an Xmms equivalent?

Reply #7
I have several wishes for XMMS:

- Gapless playback as default
- SSRC Resampling plugin?
- Ability to run in text mode (run completely without X, not just remote control)