Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC -> MAREO -> FLAC+WMA9PRO - How do I WMA tag? (Read 1956 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC -> MAREO -> FLAC+WMA9PRO - How do I WMA tag?

I'm using EAC with MAREO to "simultaneously" rip to FLAC and WMA9PRO using wmcmd.vbs for WMA9PRO.  I need WMA for my Audiovox SMT 5600 aka HTC Typhoon phone (which had DAP functionality long before ROKR or the iPod phone).  Everything works OK, but the only WMA tags that I can populate are Title, Artist, and a Copyright Year.

In addition to those tags, I'd at least like to be able to populate:
  + Album
  + Track Number
  + Genre
  + Album Artist

Is there a way to add that functionality to wmcmd.vbs?  (dBpowerAMP will add the first three tags but with dBpowerAMP I lose other functionality.)

The link below describes how to add "User-defined attributes", but I don't want to create new ones, I just want to populate the standard ones.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....yinfoobject.asp

This link shows a bunch of objects, but so far as I can tell none of them are for the tags I want to add.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....asicobjects.asp

The settings I'm using:

EAC compression command-line options:
  scrON fileON mareo.ini %o %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" %y "%m"

mareo.ini
  EXT = wma
  PATH = c:\music.wma
  ENCODER = c:\windows\system32\cscript.exe
  PARAMETERS = "C:\music.tools\Encoder\wmcmd.vbs" -a_codec WMA9PRO -a_mode 2 -a_setting Q10_44_2_24 -input "@source@" -output "@dest@" -title "@title@" -author "@artist@" -copyright @year@
  EXT = flac
  PATH = c:\music.flac
  ENCODER = c:\music.tools\flac\flac.exe
  PARAMETERS = -P 4244 -V -q 0 --replay-gain --best --delete-input-file "@source@" -o "@dest@" -T artist="@artist@" -T album="@album@" -T title="@title@" -T tracknumber="@track@" -T date=@year@ -T genre="@genre@"

Thanks,
-jk