Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Best DVD playing software for PC (Read 3931 times) previous topic - next topic

Best DVD playing software for PC

Like the title says, what is the best trouble free high quality dvd viewing software for the pc?

Reply #1
powerdvd.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #2
PowerDVD is ok. I tend to lean more to WinDVD though, because of the TDNM (Trimension DNM) feature. It makes for a very smooth video experience, the effect is pretty amazing, almost too smooth. Regular movies look like they've been shot with a video camera when that's enabled. They are trying to get the "looks-too-smooth" issue under control with new versions, but so far they failed at it, even disabling TDNM for PAL DVDs in WinDVD 7. My recommendation therefore is WinDVD6 subversion 128, where it's verified to be working for PAL and NTSC.

If you don't like that feature, you could even use Media Player Classic. Basic player with decent quality MPEG-2 decoding.

Reply #3
PowerDVD is ok. I tend to lean more to WinDVD though, because of the TDNM (Trimension DNM) feature. It makes for a very smooth video experience, the effect is pretty amazing, almost too smooth. Regular movies look like they've been shot with a video camera when that's enabled. They are trying to get the "looks-too-smooth" issue under control with new versions, but so far they failed at it, even disabling TDNM for PAL DVDs in WinDVD 7. My recommendation therefore is WinDVD6 subversion 128, where it's verified to be working for PAL and NTSC.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317738"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

PowerDVD has a similar feature, only they call it "Smart Video Deinterlacing". But the result is the same.

Reply #4
Regular movies look like they've been shot with a video camera when that's enabled.
hehe, well, all the indie moviemakers are trying to make their video to look like it was shot on film, so this is kinda funny feature

check the specs for 'new' panasonic hvx 200 for example, they are full of cine-something c***
http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/s...odel=AG-HVX200)
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #5
I use media player classic.

excellent picture,
excellent sound,
simple to use,
straight to the point,
no funny gui,
excellent all round!

Ax