Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Verbatim Vinyl CD-Rs? (Read 3066 times) previous topic - next topic

Verbatim Vinyl CD-Rs?

I was in best buy and I was just going to get a pack of the standard verbatim cdr's, but my girlfriend really thought these things looked cool.  ARe these things any good.

Verbatim Vinyl CD-Rs?

Reply #1
They're the same as the regular CD-Rs. If it's non plus (just regular datalife), than it will suck as well (CMC). I believe there was an article somewhere, mentioning that the top layer "vinyl-like" grooves create imbalance when the CD-R is written at high speed, resulting in burn errors and such.

If you go to Bestbuy, just get Made in Japan Fuji CD-Rs (Taiyo Yuden).
twitter.com/pika2000

Verbatim Vinyl CD-Rs?

Reply #2
[deleted]

Verbatim Vinyl CD-Rs?

Reply #3
All Vinyl CD-Rs from Verbatim use Mitsubishi Metal Azo dye...therefore it is alway a "DataLife Plus"

please take note that these CD-Rs are rated 12X max, it's not written anywhere in the jewel casing!!!!!  Burning it at higher speed than 12X will produce high C2 error rate at the front part of the disc.

Verbatim Vinyl CD-Rs?

Reply #4
All Vinyl CD-Rs from Verbatim use Mitsubishi Metal Azo dye...therefore it is alway a "DataLife Plus"

please take note that these CD-Rs are rated 12X max, it's not written anywhere in the jewel casing!!!!!  Burning it at higher speed than 12X will produce high C2 error rate at the front part of the disc.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=315441"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Cool, I just burned Nick Warrens GU028 with EAC and it worked like a champ!

Verbatim Vinyl CD-Rs?

Reply #5
I have a spindle of 50 of these - at the time they were the best deal.  I use EAC and Nero 5.  I have never had any problem that I can recall, but I seem to remember that I limit the speed to 32x on a 52x/24x writer.  I must be doing that for a reason - I just can't seem to remember why.
<<optimali>>