Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Avatar Animation (Read 8563 times) previous topic - next topic

My avatar does not animate!  How do I get it to animate, or am I not allowed to do that?

Reply #1
This is strange : all avatars have stopped
Evens the smileys !

Reply #2
Everything looks animated to me.
Jenny's speaker box is booming,
Pio2001's tail is wagging.

Reply #3
I've got IE 6 in Windows 98.
Coincidence : I disabled the Java compiler, but now I re-enabled it, and rebboted, but still no animation. Some hours ago, it was still working.

Reply #4
It works here... with Mozilla 1.1 / Galeon 1.2.99

Reply #5
All the animations seem to be working now!!!

Reply #6
Here, Pio's is moving, but Jenny's isn't. :confused:

BTW: My Floyd avatar moves as well (Thanks God)

Reply #7
Here, nothing is moving, nor in HA, nor in other websites.
Is there a virus ?

Reply #8
It's working again. I just checked "play animations in webpages" in IE advanced options, or what it's called in english...

Very weird...

Reply #9
Here, nothing is moving, nor in HA, nor in other websites.
Is there a virus ?

Did you install some kind of firewall/proxy manager (proxomitron)/etc lately?

They tend to kill gif animation as default option.

Besides, if you use Opera, there's a Gif Animation option. You can access it hitting <Ctrl>-<F4>  -  Ops, I mean <F12>

Reply #10
rjamorim, your avatar seems to be morphing faster that it used to.
Still looks very cool though.

Reply #11
rjamorim, your avatar seems to be morphing faster that it used to.
Still looks very cool though.

Weird!

What is going on with GIF animation lately??? :B

Reply #12
Indeed rjamorin's avatar is morphing alot faster than normal, but all others seem fine (I cant say I've studied Pio's tail too much    ) 

Reply #13
Normal speed here. Nothing new installed.
It just happened when I disabled Java in Internet Explorer after having been bored by an ad... by the way, it was the webpage about ground loops causing hum (hummmmmmmm thread), with the crazy fake popup. Did all of you go there ?

Reply #14
It just happened when I disabled Java in Internet Explorer after having been bored by an ad... by the way, it was the webpage about ground loops causing hum (hummmmmmmm thread), with the crazy fake popup. Did all of you go there ?

I did, I didn't get any popups.

Reply #15
Popups? What are those? I use Mozilla. Please explain these popup thingys to me. Also everyones avatars are animated and at normal speeds to boot.

Reply #16
Is it possible to add a image in your post which is stored on the harddrive?  If yes, can someone please tell me how this is done.

Reply #17
Popups? What are those? I use Mozilla. Please explain these popup thingys to me. Also everyones avatars are animated and at normal speeds to boot.

When you refer to pop-ups, do you mean the ones you get when surfing the net?  If that is that you mean, they are merely adverts which companies want to you see when you go to certain pages on the internet.

Software is available which will top the pop-ups from popping up  .  Just do a search for it in google.

Reply #18
If that is that you mean, they are merely adverts which companies want to you see when you go to certain pages on the internet.

Software is available which will top the pop-ups from popping up  .  Just do a search for it in google.

I think he was just being sarcastic.

Reply #19
You think so?

Reply #20
A popup is when you go to a web page, other little windows are opening in front of the main one, with advertisement in them.

Jenny, it is not possible to display a picture from your hard drive. The picture must be on your webpage first, then, between the [ IMG]...[ /IMG] flags, you must insert the URL of your picture.
The webpage must allow "remote linking". Most free hosts (Geocities, Lycos, Multimania...) forbid it, the picture won't show up. I just use the free webspace that was given me by my ISP when I subscribe to an internet connection : AOL.

Reply #21
Yes folks it was pure sarcasm!  I know all to well what popup are. I have had many fast paced games of popup invaders on my PC over the last 6+ years. But under Mozilla I get absolutely zero popups. I go to pages with popups that bring many peoples systems to their knees. I don't get popup one. I just keep on trucking. It works so much better than the so called IE popup blockers which close popups after they open and not actually blocking them.

Ph34ar the lizard!

Reply #22
actualy pictures could be http uploaded into this board (same way as avatars), but the option is disabled by admin.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #23
mozilla has this nice "allow scripts to open unrequested windows" checkbox.. 

too bad that some sites rely on exactly such popups for navigation 
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #24
mozilla has this nice "allow scripts to open unrequested windows" checkbox..  

too bad that some sites rely on exactly such popups for navigation 

Mozilla allows requested popups at all times.

Looky! I am animated!!!!!