Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC & Plextor PX-716 Error (Read 3035 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC & Plextor PX-716 Error

When backing up a cd's of mine I occassionally get the error

Unhandled Exception
at CDRDAO-990>Whole-Overflow

Then I can't get my CD to eject without restarting the computer.  I never got this error when using my old ACER cd burner, but that thing had many other issues 

Reply #1
Try to disable CDRDAO (EAC Options, Write tab, untick Use CDRDAO for writing in the EAC layout editor).

Reply #2
Try to disable CDRDAO (EAC Options, Write tab, untick Use CDRDAO for writing in the EAC layout editor).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=311480"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the reply.  I will give it a shot and see how this works out. 

Reply #3
Hi, I am also using EAC 0.95 beta 2 with a Plextor PX 716, and although I have a different error I thought I'd use the same topic if that's alright with you.

I've just started ripping my CD collection, and out the first batch of 24 I ripped, 2 CDs produced the same error : Unhandled exception at NativeSCSI.504 -> INDEX-RANGE, which causes EAC to freeze. I don't have to restart Windows though, but if I leave the CD in the drive and restart EAC it freezes immediately.

Thanks for any help.

Reply #4
Take a look here.

Reply #5
Thanks Rutra80 !