Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Encoding wavs into wavpack recursively? (Read 4103 times) previous topic - next topic

Encoding wavs into wavpack recursively?

Hi all,

I am a newbie  to this forum as I try to use foobar not only for listening which is obviously of better quality than in winamp. First question is whether the built in encoding into flac is possible for multiple folders/directories recursively, and second question is whether this is intended/possible to do into wavpack files. The  foo.wavpack.dll seems just for playback purposes.

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Crazyman

Reply #1
1) Yes, possible. Just add all files you wish to encode into a playlist, set the output filename scheme and convert them.

2) Yes, you need wavpack.exe and the foo_client.dll (commandline encoder extension for diskwriter). A preset to use Wavpack is included in clienc.

Reply #2
2) Yes, you need wavpack.exe and the foo_client.dll (commandline encoder extension for diskwriter).[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295338"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Small typo: That should be foo_clienc.dll

Reply #3
2) Yes, you need wavpack.exe and the foo_client.dll (commandline encoder extension for diskwriter).[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295338"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295348"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Foosion and Ilikedirtthe2nd,

many thanks for the prompt tip. It was a bit difficult to get that dll as most of links were dead, but finally I got it. It works great! Yet one remark: If my scheme of naming track is f.i. 01 Song XX, after transcoding I will get 001 01 Song XX. How to get rid of the first three digits so that I don´t have to delete them maually afterwards?

Best regards,

Crazyman

Reply #4

many thanks for the prompt tip. It was a bit difficult to get that dll as most of links were dead, but finally I got it. It works great! Yet one remark: If my scheme of naming track is f.i. 01 Song XX, after transcoding I will get 001 01 Song XX. How to get rid of the first three digits so that I don´t have to delete them maually afterwards?

Best regards,

Crazyman
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295390"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is an option called "Output filename formatting" under Preferences|Components|Diskwriter. Change the line to something like %_filename% to preserve the original filenames.

Reply #5

Best regards,

Crazyman
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295390"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is an option called "Output filename formatting" under Preferences|Components|Diskwriter. Change the line to something like %_filename% to preserve the original filenames.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295392"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, Anza, very simple ... Sorry to have bothered with you, my fault I did not have time to study foo2k a bit ...

Many thanks,

Crazyman