Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album-list sorting options (Read 1867 times) previous topic - next topic

Album-list sorting options

I'm willing to bet there's no easy way around this, but i'll give it a shot anyway....

Firstly, i've decided it might be a good idea to add a MOOD tag to some of my songs, so i've been adding those here and there. Then i added a thingie to the album-list panel so i can sort it by mood (pretty much works the same as sorting by genre, except instead of the GENRE tag it uses MOOD...).

The trouble is that my foobar configuration uses the 'album' display mode (where it only shows the artist next to the first track, et cetera). Considering that usually you don't have an entire album that's exactly the same mood, each of my mood lists basically has a bunch of single, mostly unrelated songs. But... because i don't use singles mode by default, these are displaying in album mode, which is really ugly.

I know that you can code it to show in singles mode if, for example, the play-list name contains something like '-s-', but this doesn't help me, because i'm using the album list, which uses the same play list whether i'm viewing by mood or by artist. I want it to display in album mode when i have the album list set to sort by artists, and i want it to display in singles mode when i have it set to sort by mood.

Is there any way to do that? :/
~

Reply #1
I think the approach I use for my "All tracks by Artist" view will be useful to solve your problem. When I use that particular view, I force the playlist to "single mode" with this code:
Code: [Select]
$if($strstr(%_view%,'All tracks'),'..Database view','Database view')
Where '..' is what I use instead of '-s-' to force single mode.

So, you could use something like this (assuming you use '-s-' to force single mode):
Code: [Select]
$if($strstr(%_view%,'Mood'),'-s- Database view','Database view')
For short: If the name of the view includes the word "Mood", tracks will be sent to a playlist named "-s- Database view" if not, it will be sent to a playlist named  "Database view". Modify to suit your needs.

The code goes in "Auto send to playlist...". Also remember to enable it. 

Edit: clarification

Reply #2
Oh wow, i guess i was behind on my album-list version. I didn't know you could use code in that thing. That's so rad. Thank you~
~