Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Just the WA exe? (Read 2709 times) previous topic - next topic

Just the WA exe?

At the moment I’m still using winamp2 (v2.80).  When I download the newest version I tend to get the lite version, install it and then remove all the plugins that it installed that I don’t want. I was wondering if there was a way in which I could just extract the winamp exe from the installer and copy it over my old one rather that doing it the way I described above.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Just the WA exe?

Reply #1
I don't know any way to extract files from NSIS installation files, but I don't see the point of installing only the .exe. There are lots of bugfixes in the plugins too.

Just the WA exe?

Reply #2
Originally posted by rjamorim
I don't see the point of installing only the .exe. There are lots of bugfixes in the plugins too.

I get all the pluins I need/use (in_Vorbis and out_ds_ssrc) from PP’s site and forum as he makes them. Which is why I don’t want the ones that come with the WA installer.

Cheers,

Just the WA exe?

Reply #3
Just download the Lite version then re-install wa2update.  I think the in_vorbis is the same version as the latest wa2update..  Unless you have a slow-ass connection it will only be a few more mins.

Just the WA exe?

Reply #4
i really dont understand some of you people, "latest" wa2update contains exactly the same binaries as in 2.81 setup and is going to be removed from my site with proper message about 2.81 (care to read message displayed by wa2update setup ? it says "install only over 2.80a").
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.